Author Topic: Visa / Residencey Prices  (Read 9839 times)

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Visa / Residencey Prices
« on: March 19, 2009, 07:46:46 AM »
As I understand it the price Turkey charges for visas and residencey permits is linked to what we charge Turkish people in the UK
Reading this I hope it does not mean the prices will increase here in Turkey.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/7951721.stm

I applied for my residencey this week for 5 years the current price is 570tl a year plus extras for Muthar post etc.
If anyone is looking to do their residencey I can recommend a lady who helped us, I think it would be impossible to do it on your own.
Mark

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Visa / Residencey Prices
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 07:55:14 AM »
We did ours this year Mark, we did the whole thing in one day with the help of Yetkins wife, she took us to all the various offices for paperworks around Fethiye to be stamped then we were taken direct to Mugla for the official stamps and residency certificates, I agree you couldn't do it on your own.
it's the postal to Mugla that takes all the time.

I think ours was about 1500TL for 3 years

Offline tracey1398

Visa / Residencey Prices
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 08:00:22 AM »
also anyone that has childrens residency to get if they are going to school here you can get their visa free

Offline minimoo

Visa / Residencey Prices
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 09:19:39 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by tracey1398

also anyone that has childrens residency to get if they are going to school here you can get their visa free

Can you let me know where you found this information please? My son's residency is due again later this year, and he has been at school here since early 2005. Would this still apply also if I am just applying for his, or does a parent need to apply at the same time? Thanks in advance.

Offline tracey1398

Visa / Residencey Prices
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 13:41:38 PM »
when i got residence for my kids to start school i was told that i had to get it as well...my friend has just got their childs free  i think he did it through baris consultancy

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
Visa / Residencey Prices
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 08:05:06 AM »
Hi All, I am a little puzled why one wants to purchase a five year residency (ignoring the child issue)or even a residency at all on current costs -benefits.just an academic question not aimed at anyone.With a simple cost examination,the five year residency costing 5700ytl for two people,reduces your interest income using a nominal 15%per annum by about 855ytl for one year for the five years 4275ytl ( ignoring any compound interest).A simple trip to meis at todays cost works out at 200ytl for two people or 800ytl per annum or one could say 4000ytl for the five years,a saving of 275ytl for the same period.Going to meis four times a year could be boring so we go in the autumn-winter months.In the summer we like to visit and a weekend in Bodrum for instance with the visa trip to Kos is just 29ytl per person Plus of course the weekend travel and pension costs,but all part of the fun.What benefit is there having a residency at all at the moment.Virtualy every thing that required a residency four years ago no longer applies.All this assumes you are retired! and not looking to work or start a business etc.All the normal items one might want ie house,car,digiturk,bank accounts etc do not require a residency.I realise  one can play with a little of the costs here but the big picture does not alter. Having had 90 day visas,followed by residency and now followed by visa again I can see no good reason to go down the residency route unless of course its just a personal choice.I am looking for serious replies here,have I missed a something,no nit picking please.regards

Offline sooty

Visa / Residencey Prices
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 08:53:50 AM »
I agree with you Captain John why go to all that trouble when you can have a pleasant day out every 90 days, I look forward to my pork chop and chips in Meis and the beautiful scenery.

Offline minimoo

Visa / Residencey Prices
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 09:22:41 AM »
However, once you have had residency for a full 5 years, you are able to apply for Turkish Citizenship, which would therefore (if you pass the test and get it) rid you of the need to pay for further residencies or visa's.

Offline joan

Visa / Residencey Prices
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 12:17:48 PM »
We got a three year residency 18 months ago,but i agree with you captainjon.Having done it we get no benefits for having it.Its not worth the the cost.But thats just our personal view

Offline Firo

Visa / Residencey Prices
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2009, 13:56:42 PM »
I agree residency is a waste of money when compared to visa costs.

Having said that you still need residency to get health,accident & travel insurance or they won't pay out(under general conditions of most policies you must have a residence permit to qualify as a resident of Turkey).

You also need residency to drive your car out of Turkey if you fancy travelling and you do get a discount in hospitals with a residence permit.

Cannot think of any other benefits of having a residence permit though.
Fi

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf