Author Topic: price,s up again  (Read 5821 times)

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
price,s up again
« on: October 01, 2012, 07:03:06 AM »
Back from a 2 week visit to England, thought that place bad enough for extortionate prices, so what do i find, my delivery of crate of effes 24 botttles 74 lira last time now 85 lira, my favourite wine Angora was 13.90 now 15.90 in migros. my delivery man tells me petrol prices have risen, i dont drive out here so dont know by how much, electric and gas prices to rise from today he tells me, and increase on tapus i believe for anyone interested in buying a property, as a lot of people have said on here how quiet it has been this year with not so many foreign tourists, a lot of tukish people on holiday in calis this year though, i can see a lot of people doing all inclusive to other destinations now, can actually work out cheaper as well, extortionate flight prices dont help neither,people who live here full time now do lots of get togethers indooors, go to each others houses and have a meal and drinks, certainly cheaper than 33+ lira a meal and 7 or 8 lira for a beer, can see a lot of restaurants and bars struggling in the near future. :(

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: price,s up again
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 07:13:44 AM »
It's all down to the tax hike by the government. It seems they are treating drinkers like we treat smokers - as a cash cow.

Effes still works out ar £1.26 per 500ml though. Not bad compared to the uk. Bar prices about same as you can get a pint for over here.

Offline ovacik2

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 08:58:06 AM »
Just some of the reasons we see has made it a great place to be for the past nearly 10 years all be it just half timers. We see the best and worst of both places TR UK. In our opinion not good to compare the two, so many differences.

Free heating for water. Eating here should mean less electric on cooking, Salads, fresh friut, yougurt, cheeses, breads all very cheap. There are many very good quality Turkish restaurants in around Fethiye and not too expensive. Very long standing Turkish restaurant in Fethiye near harbour, starter, main meal and a beer 24 t each person. Beef in TR for us take it or leave it. What do they say? When in TR eat as the locals do. Could we afford a pool and cleaning every day in the UK? NO!! Could we afford to eat out in the UK like we do here NO!! Could we travel this interesting country and find inexpensive clean Hotels? NO!! As for beer, cheap alcohol is on the way out in most contries for "health reasons" what would be good here is for the quality of the beer and wine to be improved!  :) Flights and the four hours is always making it more expensive than France or Spain.
The point being there are two sides to a story.

Then the most important thing for us is the SUN from end of  May to 1st of October this year one days Rain,how cheap is that??  :)  ;) 8)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 09:18:33 AM »
Well said that man! We have just been for a  holiday and (including two crates of Effes for little old me) we have spent less than ever this year. OK we ate in more than we normally do. Had a barbie, shopped locally/at the markets - maybe ate in 4 nights out of 10 but after the first week we were scratching our heads working out how little we had spent. Came back with over 30% of our budget still in the wife's purse!

Flights are the main problem :(

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 10:32:03 AM »
I tried to read the notice on the dolmus today, what i can make out is that fare will rise on 21st  October to 2.75Tl  still good value though.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 10:36:18 AM »
It costs me £2.60 to get into York centre from our place by bus. 3 miles - and they rarely run on time and sometimes don't even turn up!

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 10:44:18 AM »
Ovacik2, could you let the people know who are here in the winter months  how to get free heating for water, i  certainly would be interested.  ;)

Offline ovacik2

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012, 11:41:28 AM »
As stated, you can read on our post we are half timers. Very much aware when we stayed in the early years and didn't like the cold months especialy in the Jan Feb March, so no there is not always free hot water in winter as most people will already know. On the other hand we also spend part of July and August in the UK each year and still have to pay for heating water and this year had to use the central heating. >:( Take it you agree with the rest of the post then!   :)   ;)

Ovacik2, could you let the people know who are here in the winter months  how to get free heating for water, i  certainly would be interested.    ;)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 14:55:28 PM by ovacik2 »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2012, 12:31:02 PM »
Not forgetting that even on colder days it still often works - it only has to be sunny, not hot. Also the panels should keep the water at least a bit warmer out of season too, meaning the amount of boost (immersion etc) needed is normally less as you are raising the temperature from a higher start level.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2012, 13:21:18 PM »
Wasnt like that last year Keith. coldest winter for 30 years according to the Turks.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf