Author Topic: Kizilada Island Restaurant  (Read 14729 times)

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Kizilada Island Restaurant
« on: May 28, 2007, 09:20:42 AM »
As promised, we tried the latest venture from the owners of the White Dolphin, a brand new restaurant on the private island of Kizilada, here's the report;

Mehmet the owner had told me to give him a call when we wanted to go and he would do the rest, we called and asked if we could dine at sunset and were told to be at the jetty near the Saat restaurant in Calis for 7pm. When we got there a gleaming white speed boat was waiting and we set off to Kizilada. The journey took fifteen minutes, we passed to the right hand side of Sovalye and arrived at the brand new jetty below the lighthouse where we met our first surprise! Rather than climb the immaculately paved pathway to the top of the island and light house, they have built a mini funicular railway, it was great to step aboard and enjoy the view as you rose to the top.

The restaurant setting is simply Spectacular, it has been laid out on multi levels so nearly every table has an almost private feel while enjoying its own panoramic view. The lay out is all open air and divided in two distinct halves, when I enquired I was told that one half enjoys morning sun and the other is designed for afternoon and sunset. Every detail has been thought of here, there is a bank of solar panels to provide water and power a desalination plant, a wind turbine providing electricity and even a waste water purification system to guarantee that the restaurant does not pollute the crystal clear surrounding water.

We chose our table, ordered a cocktail and waited for the sun to set while a flock of swallows performed aerobatics around the light house, even at this point we knew that this was going to be a bit special.

It soon became apparent that our party of 4 was the only diners that evening, the head waiter explained that we were only the second party of guests invited to sample the island and they still had to finish grass and flowers around each table before getting the restaurant into full swing, having 12 staff to look after our needs felt like being a millionaire pop star.

We were invited up to the kitchen to pick our first course, we went with Cheese Rolls, Aubergine Salad, Roast Octopus in Soy & Honey, Mint Yoghurt dip, Salad and for me the star of the show, Tuna Rolls, they are about the size of a chop suey roll but filled with Tuna & herbs, just delicious.

In case we felt a little chilly after the sun had set, we were each given a cashmere pashmena to make sure we stayed as warm as toast while enjoying our meal. Once starters were over, we went back to the kitchen to choose the main course, we went with a traditional steak, a chicken casserole and to be really extravagant, John and I decided to share a full lobster and 12 giant prawns. We chose a nice bottle of red and a crisp clean bottle of white wine and settled down to the main course.

We were not disappointed, the food lived up to this truly magical place, it was nothing short of magnificent, there is a great choice on offer but as you would expect, fish is the speciality of the house.

We finished the night off with some brandy and coffee, none of us had room to even consider a sweet, the time passed so quickly and soon it was time for our captain to fire up the speed boat for our trip back to Calis.

I am told that the restaurant will be marketed to attract yachters from Goceck and Fethiye, they will also lay on a taxi type boat from various points as well as keeping the speedboat for VIP fast transfers.  

Kizilada Island is not cheap by Turkish Standards, but like me I am sure you will be amazed that everything above cost us less than £50 per head, I think that is great value for what must be one of the best meals I have ever eaten and in a setting that is definitely the best I have ever seen.

I understand the rule about publishing telephone numbers so have checked with Keith before posting this;

To book yourself a table on Kizilada Island, please call the restaurant on 90 532 686 46 86 or Cengiz the head chef on 90 532 682 55 23.

The fast trasfer VIP speed boat will pick you up at Calis, Fethiye, Gockec, Olu Deniz etc and costs just 50 YTL return for a party of up to six people. It's a great way to travel like James Bond for just £3 per head return. The restaurant can also provide a larger boat which can take up to 40 people at a cost of 200 YTL return, which works out at less than £2 per head if you fill the boat. I will book this for our group trip on September 23rd 2007 if we get enough interest.

Enjoy this place, it's a magical experience.

Rimms.

Rimms  

« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 10:32:33 AM by Rimms »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf