Author Topic: Basic advice for potential buyers  (Read 42573 times)

Offline katespot

Basic advice for potential buyers
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2006, 00:27:02 AM »
Thank you

x

Offline turtle1961

« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2007, 10:26:36 AM »
katespot, yes you can, usually house owner goes to a few agent at once, cause then his house is sold quicker, so just come to the agency you trust or that was recommended by your friends and say: i liked a house, its there and there and be sure agent will find the owner very soon cause in small places like calis and such places where i stay- akyaka( it is really small- if i am not mistaken only 2000 populatin) people know everybody, why is good and bad, who cheats who and who not, just as Scunner said, before buying a house please and please talk to house owners .
Thanks to forums like this one you can get some advices before buying. As for my family: let me share a little: we bought our house about 1 year ago in Akyaka. At that time I didnt know anything about forums and I had no friends at all who could give me any information about Akyaka. We were offered some houses in Marmaris but I didnt like beaches over there, and life in Marmaris semms to be more for young people than for us. We where looking for a small calm apartment ( villa is the best i think but then yit takes too much time and effort to look after it or you should trust to an unknown person to give him or her your keys and also pay money- and you even dont know if it worths it). I fell in love with Akyaka, so small and calm and cosy, so we had to trust to the first agency we saw in Akyaka center :)))we were pretty scared of being cheated. Guys showed us some dublex houses and some apartments. the one we chose was with open planned kitchen- not everybody like them but there was enough place for washing mashine :))))
we were doubting also if our sea view disappears after some new building in front of our house. Agency told us that in Akyaka only 3 floors allowed for building and as all the houses ar eon the mountain it is logically that the building in front of you will always be lower than your balcony. agency turned to be absolutely right. After new building was build in from of our house, its roof stayed under our balcony so nothing happened to our sea view. We had no problems with tapu, habitation sertificate, and  now they still help us with house matters. If i am asked for recommendations I will always recommend them. Yeah I forgot to say, again and again, go to a trustable agency, they will always find a suitable house for you. I met an old man in Akyaka, if i am not mistaken he has bought his house  lot and lots of years ago and he has no tapu yet! the house still belongs to the seller! Actually that man doesnt mind it i think cause he does nothing to get this tapu, but i think its not ok...nevermind...its up to him

Offline jscoops

« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2007, 13:14:58 PM »
We are looking to buy an apartment in Calis...Can anyone reccomend an area which is close to ammenities and coast but is like wise not on top of it all?  Can you reccomend a good estate agents?

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2007, 15:03:00 PM »
Hiya
Welcome to CB.  
Can you go to the members intro section and let us know a little about you please. We're a nosely old lot here lol
As for recommendations, you'll find loads if you use the search facility.  There's lots of info on estate agents, sticking to your budget, the pros and cons of buying in Turkey and the general Calis area.
Good luck and happy house hunting :)
Anne

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2007, 15:48:33 PM »
Hi Jules, you may find the Turkish Embassy Website's 'Buying Guide' very useful, it's recently been updated and is far more comprehensive than before. (www.turkisheconomy.org.uk) PS Please read & take Very Seriously their Disclaimer regarding any of the body's you identify through the site, it is in NO WAY a guarantee that the person you are contacting, is reputable, honest etc, etc.
Good Luck  :)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 15:49:57 PM by cef »

Offline savoyboy

• Chiswick, London, UK
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2007, 12:34:37 PM »
A good website,Thank you.

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2007, 16:47:27 PM »
One of best bits of advice if you want to buy a property in Turkey to live: come out and rent a place for 3 months or more. Get to know the areas and look around. Also get a good feel of whether you really want to move here.  Then buy - and negotiate hard - remember there is more building than buying going on at the moment.

Another alternative that more and more brits are doing - is dont buy at all - but rent. My neighbours have just come over and are renting a lovely 5 bed villa for about £400 a month. No mortgage and all their £000,000s of capital in the bank earning them money. A house / apartment prices have barely moved in the last 12 months this is a very credible alternative to buying.

Offline wrighty

« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2007, 21:48:46 PM »
my husband has retired i retire next year we are thinking of living in calis don t know whether to buy or rent what is the average price of renting in calis we only want something like a two bedroomed place

Offline cenk

« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2007, 09:52:30 AM »
You can find a  2 bed , full furnished apartment in a good location around 500-600 YTL per month (For a long term rental)

Offline wrighty

« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2007, 23:06:00 PM »
thanks for info cenk will be incalis in august we will have to get more info then.at the moment i would nt have a clue how to start the ball rolling i would like to talk to expats on how they compare their lives in calis to their lives in uk.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf