Author Topic: "Elvis" at the Buffalo  (Read 7189 times)

Offline Glenn66

"Elvis" at the Buffalo
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2008, 23:31:50 PM »
Working all hours.Ready for our holiday, or a good 8hrs kip would do!
You may see the results soon, if you get my drift. ;)
Glenn
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 23:33:02 PM by Glenn66 »

Offline Glenn66

"Elvis" at the Buffalo
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2008, 23:35:13 PM »
I know this isn't a chat room but where do CBF'rs meet up for a beer in calis?And when?

Glenn

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
"Elvis" at the Buffalo
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2008, 23:55:27 PM »
This year at Bambu on Wednesdays - anytime after 9. Can be plenty or not many, you can never tell.

Offline Glenn66

"Elvis" at the Buffalo
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2008, 23:57:18 PM »
Thank you.

Glenn

Offline Sleuth

"Elvis" at the Buffalo
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2008, 12:40:11 PM »
I have in the past taken my handicapped  brother ( who loved the  real  Elvis ) to many `elvis impersonator` shows in the  UK , most of them excellent, particularly Lee `memphis` king.
Apologies if I upset anyone here, but to see  an `Elvis impersonator`  and we are talking `pub singer standard` advertised in Olu Deniz, to me is the `pits`:-\ I have noticed  recently how Olu Deniz is  going  downhill  :-(     more  karaoke bars  etc... now  2  bit elvis impersonators  :-(  what next  to drag it down further....?   `the  full monty` shows  in the  bars  there  :o ???

Ah well  I  have my memories  of how wonderful  and chilled  Olu Deniz  used  to be  years  ago

Offline Glenn66

"Elvis" at the Buffalo
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2008, 12:43:03 PM »
Pardon me for breathing.
Glenn

Offline julesbob0303

"Elvis" at the Buffalo
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2008, 17:13:05 PM »
We both love Elvis too, and I agree, Lee Memphis King was superb when we saw him last year.  :)

But we also enjoy a good laugh with a couple of beers if there's an Elvis impersonator about!  "Pub singer standard" Elvises (or is it Elvi? :D ) are often very good and its nice to have a singalong.  If you like the music, I totally agree that there's nothing quite like "the real thing" - but no-one is forcing you to go and watch if there's an impersonator on, and you don't have to stay if he's c**p!  :) :o :-\ :)

Offline Sleuth

"Elvis" at the Buffalo
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2008, 17:58:17 PM »
The point I am trying to make...  let me clarify please.  Its the fact  that  even  Olu Deniz  now has to resort to pub singers, and karaoke....the spread of `tacky entertainment` is what bothers me...    leave  the  `pub singers` and second rate elvis impersonators  where they  belong...  either  Blackpool  or in english pubs. I  particularly dont want to see the spread  of  tacky entertainment  spreading  into  Olu Deniz.  Hisaronu  is getting ruined...  now  Olu  Deniz ?

Offline Glenn66

"Elvis" at the Buffalo
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2008, 19:07:53 PM »
The bar I was referring to is owned by a dutch guy (I think), it is he who does the Elvis impression, in his own place and has been doing it for at least the last two summers (to packed audiences,you have to book tables in advance).The restaurant is themed as an "authentic" steakhouse with lots of Americana and memorabilia.When we went to have a meal there Elvis was on stage for approx 10 mins,everyone we witnessed was having a good time.
So, unfortunately the "tacky" entertainment has been there for a while already.I am sorry if the Olu of your fond memories has gone but if this is what people want......
I don't want to get into a row with you and I do understand your point of view, but I think one Elvis impersonator doesn't mean the end of civilisation in Olu Deniz.

Glenn

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
"Elvis" at the Buffalo
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2008, 21:15:40 PM »
I can see both points- I never go to anything like this but last year we stopped off at a little restaurant in Olu Deniz I think it was a Pida place (you had to go upstairs). As we were sat eating, Elvis presley came on in the place underneath us. This is totally not the thing I would go to but found myself loving every minute of it. Had a great evening people watching. You can't blame the Turks for giving holiday makers what they want and this was clearly what those people wanted as the place was packed.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf