Author Topic: pegasus flights  (Read 6482 times)

Offline wallace

pegasus flights
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2009, 19:54:34 PM »
www.flypgs.com winter flights available to Dalaman via Istanbul
Sabin Gocken from Stansted
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 19:58:28 PM by wallace »

Offline Essexboy

pegasus flights
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2009, 16:00:17 PM »
We're booked on Pegasus in May flying from Stansted.As I understand it we switch planes in Sabiha Gokcen airport (which I assume is outside Istanbul) - has anyone experienced this switch and is it pretty straightforward (regettably having to suffer aged mother-in-law who is partially disabled). Grateful for any advice on this (the flight - not the mother-in-law:D)

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
pegasus flights
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2009, 17:28:47 PM »

Essexboy
          In case you are not aware Easyjet are now flying from Stansted to Dalaman. Great news for you and ourselves and anyone who prefers Stansted  :)

Good to have more choice and     Hopefully TC will now lower their fares
            Badger   :)

Offline Essexboy

pegasus flights
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2009, 17:56:23 PM »
Thanks Badger. I didn't realise they had moved the flight from Gatwick but it will be very good news and their prices seem very competitive plus the car parking savings.  Thanks for the update. flight times are very reasonable too.

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
pegasus flights
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2009, 10:25:04 AM »
Pegasus, are they any good?, my son travelled with them on 21st december. at check in they said they had lowered baggage allowance from 20kg to 15kg due to cancelled flight passengers being on board from day before. they were fining people who had 20kg! then my son got to desk with only hand luggage (not even a case) but the hand luggage was 0.5kg over so they said you need to put it in hold, it had my laptop in it and his clothes. he got to dalaman and no luggage turned up. went to lost and found where there was a queue of people, some had lost christmas presents for the kids etc. they were all shouted at as if it was their fault, and the staff sat there yawning. So far, everyday they have said phone tomorrow, or phone in 2 hours. they told him it would be here on monday. Monday arrived and they said sorry we have no news. he asked them why they told us it would be here monday and they said we thought it might be.
Bearing in mind he had told them that he would be back in UK on 28th, they told him they could only deliver it here and he would need to be here to claim it, he cancelled his flight and rebooked for next monday. 2 weeks he hasnt had any clothes and no offer to replace them. he even told them that in the montreal convention governing airlines they are duty bound to offer compensation. he was informed they dont know what that is. and then they said sorry no news phone tomorrow and if no news contact manchester airport. We have now contacted manchester airport who say its nothing to do with them, the airline need to deal with it. as he wasnt taking a case on board only carry on he didnt insure for a case, but all airlines are required to give compensation apparently except this one!! we've been hung up on, ignored. put on hold and never taken off it. so as of now we still don't have news. Are they any good? i guess you will have to make your own mind up. Alan
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 10:26:06 AM by number2 »

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
pegasus flights
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2009, 11:33:29 AM »
What an unfortunate episode Alan

Did the airline also charge for re-booking the return flight ?

I suppose it was a trip to the sunday market for a few Ben Sherman's

Offline col

pegasus flights
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2009, 12:33:48 PM »
I have the Stansted to Dalaman via Istanbul flight booked for March, and my tickets show luggage allowance of 25kg, and their web site is showing the same for flights to the UK. Have also heard of a few horror stories of lost luggage recently for the same journey, and the luggage ended up in Zurich. Saying that, I have also heard of good reports etc, and even lost luggage turning up in fethiye the following day by courior. We always hear the worst, and for anyone who has travelled this route and about to do so, lets hope they get their act together and these bad incidents are few and far between. For gorgeuos bird, as far as I know, and i'm sure others can confirm! at Istanbul if everything is to time, it is just a 50 minute turnaround to depart one aircraft, get thru the airport and check in again for the domestic leg down to Dalaman.

Offline Essexboy

pegasus flights
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2010, 13:13:01 PM »
Number 2 - thanks for the heads up on this, I'll be sure to only take hand luggage and sounds a bit like most airlines that when things go wrong they tend to go wrong big time although lack of communication is unacceptable. I had the same experience with KLM a few weeks ago.
Just one thing for anyone who can advise, where do you get your tourist visa then?: is it in Istanbul as you change planes or do you eventually get it at Dalaman.

Offline Harmless

pegasus flights
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2010, 14:23:36 PM »
my sister got hers at Istanbul
But they were bussed to the international arrivals at Dalaman to pick up their luggage
She said both ways the journey was straightforward   she carried 25kg of luggage but this was early December so it may have changed  Thankfully, all her luggage arrived with her

Offline Essexboy

pegasus flights
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2010, 20:25:25 PM »
Thanks Harmless, glad to see someone had a reasonable flight.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf