Author Topic: cold e-mailing  (Read 4719 times)

Offline brianthegardener

cold e-mailing
« on: October 14, 2009, 15:38:25 PM »
is it allowed to "cold e-mail" members of this forum?...i was sent an e-mail today from a member asking me if i was interested in or wanted more infomation on English and More..the new language school in Calis and asking me if i wanted more details to contact her...
sorry, but i  personaly dont agree with this sort of thing..it may well be a good cause...but in my opinion its not the way forward to promote your buisness...what do members of the forum think..more to the point the owner and admin team....[?]

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
cold e-mailing
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 15:49:57 PM »
No it is NOT

Please forward the email to me Brian, I will delete anyone immediately who abuses our private message system in this way.

I will also move this to to the CBF FAQ question so there is no excuse for not knowing.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
cold e-mailing
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 15:51:26 PM »
I would also be grateful if anyone who receives an unsolicited PM through CBF offering goods or services to let me know.

Offline brianthegardener

cold e-mailing
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 15:58:55 PM »
copy of e-mail sent to you Keith.

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
cold e-mailing
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 21:04:34 PM »
I didn`t get one.    :(

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 21:44:58 PM »
Keith has always managed this site really well with regard to this - in fact this is the only post I can remember of this type and Im sure the offender will be swiftly dealt with. Other sites are rife with this type of thing..

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
cold e-mailing
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2009, 22:10:38 PM »
There's a few points worth making here. Firstly, we put in place a joining process that prevents 99% of attempts to spam email members - the other 1% are stopped because of a further trap that alerts the admin to their actions. Secondly, it is bloody rude to even think you can use a private email facility to promote your business. We keep advertising rates incredibly reasonable (ridiculously when you compare rates with similar sized websites and forums) and will do anything we can to assist advertisers in the local (Calis) area. Furthermore, when members take time to ask if they can start a topic about something they are arranging or something they want to publicise it is almost always given the green light. We spread the word better than anyone and people who think they can use our resource without even bothering to have the courtesy to ask our permission aren't the sort of people we want here.

I don't email people who come on here saying they are looking to buy in Calis and to be honest it p***es me off that others think CBF is a free for all opportunity to harvest for free.

That's it  :)

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
cold e-mailing
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2009, 06:01:04 AM »
Morning Keith,We received email from same source,ie English and more yesterday 14.10 09. Just for your info. J

Offline Osman

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2009, 11:50:40 AM »
As the OFFICIAL Host Family Manager at English & More I, would like to OFFICIALLY state that this information was not posted by me ,but by some one using my contact details. The person who did this,  did so I am sure with good will and with no malice intended. While we at English & More do not condone this conduct, we do recognise that this person was using their initiative to find new host families. English & More apologise whole-heartedly for the upset caused and continue to rely upon the continued support of all members of the Calis Forum.

Sine Rous
Host Family Manager
 English & More International Learning Centre

sine.rous@english-more.com

0538 304 7585

Offline brianthegardener

cold e-mailing
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2009, 16:37:53 PM »
My message came from .......sine.rous.....as Host family Manager and passed on to the owner of this forum by me.....i still dont approve of this type of "cold e-mailing"...its not doing your cause any good at all..to declare it was sent by "someone using your details"  offends me....over to you Scunner
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 16:42:15 PM by brianthegardener »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf