Author Topic: Furnishing my new apartment- any tips?  (Read 8728 times)

Offline poppy50

Furnishing my new apartment- any tips?
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2010, 19:51:16 PM »
Hi

We bought some of our furniture last February from Bellona furniture store.  We found February was a good time to buy, sales and reductions were around.  Hope this helps.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2010, 20:20:01 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Steve A

Try ringing All Aspects Property Services they used to do a personal shopper type thing they took us all over and got the best deals/discounts on everything saving us a fortune.

Haha, ever wondered how property management companies can afford to offer this "free" service?

Offline PKHUGHES100

« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2010, 20:25:58 PM »
Thanks again to all who have responded, really good advice as always.

I take Scunner's point though, but I presume that some benchmarking had been done before using this "free" service.
:)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 20:26:43 PM by PKHUGHES100 »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2010, 20:37:30 PM »
I could have taken up the offers and got 15% of spend minimum from all the furniture shops to bring customers to them. Furniture shop owners were round agents like flies around...erm...jam!

Who the hell wants a bloody personal shopper??!! Ask for a few pointers then set off out by yourselves - it's likely to be the only blank canvas you'll ever have in life, get round all the shops you were recommended to, the 15 near them that looked interesting but nobody mentioned, get down the back alleys and then you can bore the life out of everyone else for years with how much you got your fridge for and the funny story about buying the blue ornament next to the telly. Look at me, I've made a career out of it  ;)

It really is the one time when the last thing you need is a "personal shopper". Filling a property in Turkey from empty - everything from mop to plasma tv - is an experience you will never forget, and I bet for many reasons - but the main one is the adventure of it all  :)

Offline PKHUGHES100

« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2010, 17:52:50 PM »
Thanks again, we can not wait to start shopping, out for a week again on the 22 Feb.

Offline lmaddy

« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2010, 10:09:24 AM »
Shopping is great fun so just go and enjoy your self.
We got wrought iron beds & dining room table made to our designs - very reasonable prices.
Used Eren spot for beds mattresses, wardrobes, sun loungers and odds and sods - good starting point.
Towels we got from the market
Sheets & curtains we got from a shop called Gizems - but go check out linens in fethiye as they may have a sale on and the quality is excellent. I have noticed that prices have increased quite a bit over the last few years.
Have fun

Offline kevman

« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2010, 10:53:38 AM »
Prices have definately increased over the last 3 years. We did a lot of our shopping at Sancarler on the main road near Kemer. They actually will pick you up and drop you back in Fethiye. The prices were very competitive and they have a very wide choice of furniture, white goods, curtains and bedding. The pot shop along from Eren spot shop was excellent as well. There is certainly more choice now than there was 3yrs ago.

Offline PKHUGHES100

« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2010, 11:38:47 AM »
Once again, great advice which I will act on when out later in Feb, thanks again.

Offline Precious

« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2010, 08:59:40 AM »
My husband and I went down from Sweden to our new and very empty apartment for two days in the end of December. We ordered all our furniture from IKEA in Izmir at home from their On-Line-Shop and got it delivered exactly the day we wanted.
We bought 1 sofa, 5 armchairs, 2 coffee-tables, 1 dinner table, 6 chairs, 1 double bed, 2 wardrobes, 2 chest of drawers and 5 bedside tables. We paid 4600 TL for the furniture and 420 TL for the delivery. I can really recommend it (if you like Swedish stile ;))

Offline PKHUGHES100

« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2010, 20:19:38 PM »
Thanks Precious, good suggestion, we are in the uk and will have another go at locating this store on the Ikea site.

Kevin

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf