Author Topic: nothing important  (Read 8753 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
nothing important
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2010, 23:04:26 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

I heard of a twist six years ago, where burglars would send some gas through the aircon which makes the occupants sleep so they can break in with ease. In those 6 years I have seen no evidence of it actually happening, and when asking how it is physically possible to pump things from outside into houses using aircon units, nobody has even begun to explain.

That's the problem with new twists, they're often so new that nobody has any facts about them, just what someone who overheard someone else tells them. Tazzers indeed.

I believe that did happen in Spain quite a lot (not seen any evidence in Turkey though you are correct). However it was not the air-con they used but the open windows due to people having iron grills and thinking they could leave them open all night and be safe.

Be careful in there ;)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
nothing important
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2010, 02:40:10 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

WHERE ZZ

The Land of Nod. ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

Offline lanky

nothing important
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2010, 06:15:38 AM »
Well done Clairelyn, and many thanks for the warning be it true or not. Forwarned is forarmed. As for some of you others, is there one t in prat or two. On the basis of some of your replies i dont see any point in attending the meeting.I for one dont consider the present situation in Uzumlu a joke.

Offline clairelynne

nothing important
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2010, 06:44:41 AM »
I agree with comments from Lanky. My wife placed original comment concerning information about dogs being stunned by a Tazer. It was placed on forum in the best interest of all, not for everyone to question its validity. Surely any information is worth circulation. A meeting was arranged with Jandarma & mayor last year. A total of 7 households were represented. It seems that the majority were more interested in social activities and other interests, rather than show support. Please remember most crimes are detected by the gathering of information. Surely the Brits in the village and surrounding areas should stand together and try to resolve the current crime spree. We fortunately to date have not been subject of a burglary, but are more than willing to support and help in anyway we can. The above comments are typical of those more interested in taking the P * * *.

Offline Winklepicker

nothing important
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2010, 07:12:15 AM »
Im new to this forum and am astounded by peoples lack of compassion regarding this topic. False or not any information that keeps people and their animals safe and hightens awareness of theirs and their neighbour surroundings to become more vigilant in this troubling time is surely a good thing?  

The local mayor should be doing more,he has already received local taxes from all Turkish and English who live here, wheres the street lighting etc....Do we get the local papers involved? do we go above the mayor to his boss and hi-light these problems?

No-one Turkish or English should have to live in fear of leaving their own homes unnattended and no-one should have the worry that their dogs could be attacked..wether true or not well done for making us aware, after all our dogs dont look after us we look after them.

Offline Diverbaz 1

nothing important
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2010, 07:24:22 AM »

quote:
Please remember most crimes are detected by the gathering of information.

As will the burglars gather information from open forums as to where people will be on the night of the meeting.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
nothing important
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2010, 07:25:39 AM »
Both good points made above - let's hope no animals or humans get floored by one of these horrible weapons.

If you think it's not possible that this could happen in little old Turkey then I guess that's' up to you but these things are available on the open market and I have no doubt you could buy one in Turkey.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
nothing important
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2010, 09:07:03 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Winklepicker

Im new to this forum and am astounded by peoples lack of compassion regarding this topic.

Always nice when someone opens their account with a criticism. When you've been here a while you may be as cynical as many of the rest of us about sensationalist gossip about things that nobody actually saw, or it happened to somebody but nobody can confirm who, they just overheard in a bar. Something happens in the West Midlands and before you know it, it all happened in Ovacik.

That is what is behind the apparent lack of compassion.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
nothing important
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2010, 10:35:58 AM »
i don't believe there was a lack of compassion at all.  I think what you see is a view that many of us have gained that we do not listen to whispers and gossip.  You are quite right - it would be a dreadful thing to happen, and thank you for sharing it.  If it makes people aware that can only be a good thing.  You will find that if it did happen we are all sympathetic.  However there is SO much gossip that trundles around that we have learnt to sieve truth and fact from that which is not. Otherwise none of us would sleep soundly in our beds !  Winklepicker - you are new to the forum - stick around and you will see just how caring and compassion the members really are.  yes there is lots of banter - but rarely with malicious intent. :)

Offline clairelynne

nothing important
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2010, 11:36:29 AM »
Thankyou for all the possative comments. I am very offended by you who always have to put stupid comments on. I have been on a lot of topics & it seems to be the same few who seem to put negative & often offencive comments on the forum. I think you all need to get back to the serious topic of the breakins. If you cant be possative dont write on the topics I have put on it is not needed.
From now on I will be looking out for myself & my friends. I do not intend to start any more topics & think that I will prob remove myself from the forum. thank you

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf