Author Topic: Netbooks  (Read 1467 times)

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
Netbooks
« on: July 10, 2010, 22:15:39 PM »
Is it ok to use a netbook on a flight?
I'm thinking of taking one over next time and could wach a film during the flight.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Netbooks
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 10:16:17 AM »
I think you can providing you do not use it on take off and landing. My son took a portable dvd player last time so he could watch a film and there was no problem with that.Just out of interest do you know how much a netbook weighs and are they good for the internet? I am thinking of getting one to take to Turkey as my laptop will be most of my hand luggage allowance gone!

Offline mrkeith

Netbooks
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 10:41:48 AM »
Yes you can just not when the seatbelt sign is on

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 11:07:01 AM »
Mrkeith is correct. One of my lads has a netbook that he regularly uses on flights. The only devices definitely not allowed are mobile phones.  Interestingly (but totally by accident) my wife left her mobile phone in 'sleep'mode on a flight and when we landed in Gatwick she had 11 messages from different countries welcoming her and telling her the tariff in their countries!

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
Netbooks
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 19:50:54 PM »
You should have the wireless turned off though

Ron

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
Netbooks
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2010, 22:46:01 PM »
Thanks for the replies.
To answer your question Karennina the one I am buying weighs 1.4kg and I am lead to beleive they are as good as a normal lap top on the internet.

Offline Bluwise

Netbooks
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 20:48:21 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by bewva

Thanks for the replies.
To answer your question Karennina the one I am buying weighs 1.4kg and I am lead to beleive they are as good as a normal lap top on the internet.

I have a samsung N110 and it's fine for internet and email but too slow for skype or games. Really handy for taking away with you  and keeping in touch - don't forget to take it out of your hand luggage at security though like I did - had my passport number logged at Dalaman!
Mine doesn't have a disk drive, bought a small one separately for watching dvd's

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf