Author Topic: rain transfers (unreliable)  (Read 5824 times)

Offline amanda bullock

rain transfers (unreliable)
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2010, 11:03:42 AM »
just to let you know..yes i did catch the driver when he dropped my friends off.The message certainly got back to his boss.lol!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2010, 11:15:03 AM »
There are two topic (Rain Transfers & Resort Hoppa) running currently and both are detailing pretty negative experiences. With the traffic CBF gets, surely there is a great opportunity to get a transfer sharing section going. As is usual with fantastic ideas, we can't do it alone and the addition of a section needs people to use it in good numbers. I would rather share a transfer than be told I am getting collected at 1.20am for an 8.30am flight with the likes of Rain! Even if it meant sharing with Amanda Bullock!!!

Let me know your thoughts. What I am saying is that there is a great chance for many people to save money by sharing but it has to be used by many to get any results.

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2010, 11:42:55 AM »
It could be a great idea but why not just modify the heading and incorporate it into the CBF Fly Together section.  If it bombs then there is nothing lost :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2010, 11:48:39 AM »
CBF Fly Together section. Another splendid idea that did a CBF lead balloon!

Possibly the answer Brian but I'd welcome some input first. I was going to delete that one completely so there would be the pleasure of doing that lost  ;)

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2010, 11:59:31 AM »
We've paid for three private transfers this year and each of them on one journey ended up being shared anyway.  Needless to say I refused to pay the full amount so would be more than happy to share if it's prearranged and not to much of a wait at Dalaman.

Offline Steve B

• The Hairy Branflake
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2010, 12:29:48 PM »
It really does look like a lottery then when choosing a 'budget'transfer company then.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2010, 12:54:02 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Anne

We've paid for three private transfers this year and each of them on one journey ended up being shared anyway.  Needless to say I refused to pay the full amount so would be more than happy to share if it's prearranged and not to much of a wait at Dalaman.

I was thinking even possibly of no wait at Dalaman if we can get some momentum into this. I have found that it is rare for me to be on a flight to Dalaman where I don't actually know someone on the same flight. Of course I know a lot of the CBF members and quite a few know my face but there are many I don't know and don't know me. We are probably like rats, never more than 6 feet from one on a Dalaman flight :D

So the task is to share our flight details, I'm sure if enough people do, we have a great chance of a making this a goer.

Offline Jenny1

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2010, 13:05:40 PM »
Sounds good to me!  :)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2010, 13:20:32 PM »
Without wishing to be negative, is it not possible (at present) for members to look up the "Members dates for holidays in Calis Beach" Section, see if anyone has the same dates and email them regarding sharing a transfer.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2010, 13:34:20 PM »
Yes maybe, but that doesn't (necessarily) show posts from people who want to share transfers.  Just people who are going on holiday. I am thinking to use that section for this though.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf