Author Topic: Deadly Dolmus  (Read 2831 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Deadly Dolmus
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2010, 08:59:40 AM »
Says in the latest article that the tanker driver was driving in the wrong direction but the road markings and traffic lights don't seem to back that up. I too think he was driving too fast but the dolmus did jump the light. Maybe they both did but we can't see the other light.

However - looking again he might have made a mistake coming off the motorway but surely that shouldn't be possible.

Tragic!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 09:03:04 AM by stoop »

Offline starman™

Deadly Dolmus
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2010, 09:07:22 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by suec

Has anybody noticed that the tanker is on the wrong side of the road....
Dont think the dolmus driver can be blamed for this accident.

So the Dolmus driver was perfectly in his right to jump the red light?
I know the road well as it is in Ikitelli near the furniture compound. The road is 2 way and is not a slip road off the motorway but a side road. Dolmus's are not allowed on the motorway (TEM).
They are both at fault but clearly the Dolmus driver is more at fault as he jumped the red light a whole 4 seconds after it turned red and was speeding. Anyone that carries passengers should be more responsible as he has all their lives in his hands aswell as his own.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Deadly Dolmus
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2010, 09:08:06 AM »
Going back to my original point about showing the footage. Obviously Turkish publishing laws are different to us here in the UK.

I remember 2 years ago our Turkish neighbour showed us a picture from the paper of his daughter's best friend stuck under the wheel of a large lorry. It was front page and you could see the pain on her face. Sickening to see and obviously doesn't make one jot of a difference to the way they drive over there. I think she survived but only just.

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Deadly Dolmus
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2010, 09:27:55 AM »
My biggest gripe with this country is why are people allowed to flout driving laws. How can someone be fined 40 times for dangerous driving yet he is still allowed to drive a dolmus. Crazy!!!
Mark

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf