Author Topic: Could anyone answer this question about my uk car  (Read 2501 times)

Offline von54

Could anyone answer this question about my uk car
« on: September 24, 2010, 17:05:00 PM »
Can someone help with this ive got a uk car registered to me as the owner so does this mean that no one else apart from me can drive it across the border into turkey because my name is on the log book,as im thinking of asking my son to drive it over to pick some stuff up for me he is a named driver on my uk insurance ? thanks hope someone knows the answer, Von

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 18:35:47 PM »
Yes, he can drive the car. He'll need the original Log Book / Registration Document or whatever else they call it these days, plus an original letter from you authorisung him to take the vehicle to Turkey. If you can get it notarised in the UK, even better.

The other alternative is, if you have the time, complete the change of Registered Keeper details so that the vehicle's registered in his name and send the document to the DVLA. The current turn-round time for this is 4 - 6 weeks.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 18:36:49 PM »
Blimey, if I had driven to Turkey I doubt I'd even have brought the log book with me [:o]

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 19:13:33 PM »
Good job you didn't then eh ?

No doubt someone will be along soon who's driven over and hasn't had to produce it though.

But "you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?"

;): :) ;)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 19:28:37 PM »
I'd probably be leaving my car behind Spiros Diner and getting a lift to the bus station :D

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2010, 22:59:12 PM »
photo copy ok, never questioned when I was stopped twice by turkish police and showed colour phot copy.Von the real problem will be if you son brings car over the border with paperwork in his name he has to take the car out if he wants to leave turkey or leave in compound at dalaman airport.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf