Author Topic: aegean flight change  (Read 6731 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
aegean flight change
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2010, 18:07:03 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by holmej

:-\
Aegean were offering flight schedules up to 18 months ahead, so they sit on your money in THEIR account, 8.5 - 10% interest for over a year, change your flight timings by up to a week safe in the knowledge that someone else will take up your booking at a higher price, and it goes on and on and on. People need to drop Aegean and Onur, the track history speaks for itself. I know this might mean paying a higher price for the flight, but who needs all this hassle a few weeks before departure? The holiday plans are in ruin for a lot of people.

Well said that man. Cheap is not always best but in winter there are not that many options. They need a wake up call and people to stop booking with them. We've flew with them for the first time this year (by mistake) and will not be flying Onur again.

Offline mary anne

aegean flight change
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2010, 20:33:55 PM »
We have booked for next year May and Sept and as you say they have had our money for quite some time. It will be interesting to see what happens nearer the time. Aegean insist that it is only their winter programme that has been affected.(they would say that, wouldn't they?) Anyway, I would be surprised if we take the risk again in future,even from Glasgow this year there were many delays with them. Sorry for ranting but sooooo mad.

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
aegean flight change
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2010, 22:32:06 PM »
I have flown with Onur Air booked via Aegean 3 times a year for the last 3 years and have only had one minor glitch when they wanted us to change an October outward Monday flight to the Sunday. I couldn't swap so they delayed it by a week for me at no cost (which by pure accident actually did me a favour). I do not mind them banking my money a year in advance as with the poxy interest rates here I am gaining a lot more than I am losing. From my point of view keep up the good work :D

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
aegean flight change
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2010, 09:10:17 AM »
I am happy for you but all these people have had their seasonal plans ruined. I know people that are having to change to Antalya with their children. Maybe you will change your mind if it happens to you.Lets hope it doesnt. Mary I will cancel your booking for New Year's Eve. I know how much you were both looking froward to it and so were we.[:(!]:-\
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 10:37:27 AM by mercury »

Offline yabanci

aegean flight change
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2010, 12:31:53 PM »
My Brother-in-law flew into Dalaman in the early hours of this morning with Onur Air from Gatwick,one week earlier than he planned as his flight on the 8th was cancelled by Onur,yet there were only 18 people on his flight this morning.

Offline joan

aegean flight change
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2010, 13:26:19 PM »
My daughter has had her flight changed,it was originaly flying out 7am 24th December from Manchester going back 7th January.Last week she got an email saying her outward bound flight had been changed to 7pm then yesterday she got a telephone call to say the return flight from Dalaman on the 7th had been cancelled and changed to the 3rd January.Thats a loss of five days.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
aegean flight change
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2010, 13:27:45 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by kenkay

I have flown with Onur Air booked via Aegean 3 times a year for the last 3 years and have only had one minor glitch when they wanted us to change an October outward Monday flight to the Sunday. I couldn't swap so they delayed it by a week for me at no cost (which by pure accident actually did me a favour). I do not mind them banking my money a year in advance as with the poxy interest rates here I am gaining a lot more than I am losing. From my point of view keep up the good work :D

Lucky for you Ken.

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
aegean flight change
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2010, 22:21:46 PM »
Yeah you're right Stuart and if I do get caught out I'll sing a different tune but so far so good so I'm not knocking it  8)
p.s. There's a lady on here whose well grateful to Onur Air after being shafted by Pegasus[:(!]

Offline mary anne

aegean flight change
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2010, 13:18:45 PM »
Aeegean are still advertising the 27th Dec for £167 one way - no mention of it being cancelled. We paid £140 return now costs in excess of £300. Question to be asked is there a flight on the 27th or not???

Offline suec

aegean flight change
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2010, 13:41:10 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by mary anne

Aeegean are still advertising the 27th Dec for £167 one way - no mention of it being cancelled. We paid £140 return now costs in excess of £300. Question to be asked is there a flight on the 27th or not???

Yes we are getting a bit worried now. Our flight is due to leave Manchester on the 27th Dec @ 19.00 hrs getting into Dalaman @ 01.15am on 28th Dec (supposedly  :o)
We have had a modified invoice from Aegean telling us of the time changes BUT....... now we are not sure - are we or arn't we that is the question!!!!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 13:44:45 PM by suec »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf