Author Topic: Contact at Fortis  (Read 6287 times)

Offline Woodies

Contact at Fortis
« on: January 06, 2011, 16:07:28 PM »
As Alper has left Fortis bank, does anyone know, who us Brits now deal with at Fortis. I presume it will be Sinem (sic) and if so, does anyone know her email address please. Happy new year to all.

Offline banker

Contact at Fortis
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 16:39:52 PM »
sinem.yardimci@fortis.com.tr is her contact mail. If you cant reach you can email me for any help that you need.

Offline Woodies

Contact at Fortis
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 00:29:38 AM »
Thanks Alper, will call in and see you when we are over.

Offline corbindallas

Contact at Fortis
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 09:07:26 AM »
Good luck with your contact with her, she hung up twice on me whilst I was questioning strange charges on my account, very unproffesional and anti response, claims she did not do this on second call and then promptly hung up again, on visiting her personally she came across very uninterested and clearly did not understand my concerns (English) obviously this is Fortis's way of getting rid of customers and guess what it is working. I chose to move my account where you get a proper service and a bonus of private cashier service at ING with the best banker in town, Alper of course. :)

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Contact at Fortis
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 09:33:54 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by corbindallas

Good luck with your contact with her, she hung up twice on me whilst I was questioning strange charges on my account, very unproffesional and anti response, claims she did not do this on second call and then promptly hung up again, on visiting her personally she came across very uninterested and clearly did not understand my concerns (English) obviously this is Fortis's way of getting rid of customers and guess what it is working. I chose to move my account where you get a proper service and a bonus of private cashier service at ING with the best banker in town, Alper of course. :)

and the coffee is much better

Offline banker

Contact at Fortis
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 10:09:03 AM »
thank you very much  :)

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
Contact at Fortis
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 21:26:34 PM »
Be very careful with Fortis bank cards issued in Turkey when trying to use them overseas..My wife went to use hers in Spain.withdrew a few hundred euros no problem.Four to five hours later she received a text, in Turkish of course.It supposedly had a telephone contact for return call but it would not connect. She rang Fortis Calis direct,got cut off twice,who knows why.We called our favorite Banker namely Alper,bless his cotten socks.He explained this is normal for out of country with drawals and he would call fortis to stop the card being blocked.OK you might say.A few days ago she went to UK.Went to a cash till for a withdrawal. Unable to with draw, as out of issuing country.What on earth do they think Spain is.This is after asking all the relevant questions at the bank before we left,and believe you me we asked every question we could think of to avoid this very thing.They are a bloody nightmare.
Luckily I can use internet banking/cards to resolve this,but my advice to anyone now,do not rely on a Turkish bank issued card to work out of turkey. Whatever they tell you,they have never tried it them selves and dont seem to understand the rest of the world.

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
Contact at Fortis
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2011, 23:25:59 PM »
I noticed this month I got this on my statement for the first time:

Vadesiz hesap bildirim cetveli posta gönderim ücreti 3.50

Now I don't mind paying the next one which is the quarterly charge but the first one (I think) is for mailing me a statement - which I have not had before and didn't request.

ARALIK Ayi Hesap isletim Ücreti 4.50

They clearly don't realise how personally I take anyone taking interest of any kind off me - another ING Customer on his way :D

Offline corbindallas

Contact at Fortis
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2011, 08:35:21 AM »
Ian these charges are what I was questioning the bank for, they didn't even have my address to send a statement but still charged, now they have my address and guess what I still don't get a statement but still get charged, you cannot cancel the statement either apparently?:-\Roll on 27th then I can close Fortis account for good!

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
Contact at Fortis
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2011, 08:39:40 AM »
That makes another 2 of us - they just don't understand - I would rather them abduct my wife than make bank charges on my account :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf