Author Topic: Contact at Fortis  (Read 6285 times)

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Contact at Fortis
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2011, 13:59:45 PM »
I will pay double whatever your statement charges are but she will be worked very hard and only get one day a week off ;):D

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Contact at Fortis
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2011, 14:04:12 PM »
Guess what.....tried to close Fortis account this morning and they say they have not got enough cash in the Bank at the moment:-\

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
Contact at Fortis
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2011, 14:28:11 PM »
As a pps to my last post as it were.We contacted a very good friend of ours who armed with all the info spoke to them on my wifes  behalf.The answer was,"Fortis went bankrupt and we dont pay out in UK.Unfortunately,as some of you may know, Alper is training in Istanbul until about the 28th I think,has he got some questions to answer,I just hope he has still got some clout with Fortis to sort this mess out.We had closed all our other accounts with Fortis and made sure  they had enough cash by giving them two days notice,but left my wifes as it was not so important,so we thought.

Offline corbindallas

Contact at Fortis
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2011, 16:13:15 PM »
What bull they have given you captainjon, Fortis has not gone bankrupt far from it, one of the few banks to make a large profit every year in billions, even through the global crises and now they have been taken over by TEB to be finalise early 2011, they have the biggest deposit base in continental Europe with over 200000 employees in 80 countries, although they are only the 9th biggest bank in Turkey (merged). I just called them 444 0 144 to find out that it is business as usual. Also if you want to withdraw large sums they do request you give them a couple of days prior notice so they can get money in. It is just a shame their excellent customer services in Fethiye left with Alper. Fatih who works there on the desk and he speaks some English and is the only good thing left at Fortis now, is better to talk to than Sinem.

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Contact at Fortis
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2011, 16:58:40 PM »
when I transferred from Fortis to ING I set my internet banking up with ING first, then just transferred all my money on line it is done instantly and only charge 2 tl per transaction
Mark

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
Contact at Fortis
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2011, 17:11:30 PM »
Mark - great idea - I will follow your lead!

Brian - I think that is a very good deal if I can have her back when she is house trained :D:D

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
Contact at Fortis
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2011, 15:40:16 PM »
Hi Corbin,thanks for reply.You are absolutely right,what I should perhaps of explained was, those comments were made to my wife by Sinem.As most people know by now her English is virtually non existent.
I can sort this quite easily from a support my wife point of view.But I am going to squeeze every pip out of them  in the meantime.We are pushing head office and attempting to do the same in the UK

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Contact at Fortis
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2011, 09:53:30 AM »
Just a warning to everyone closing their Fortis accounts. We closed our account over 5 weeks ago and cancelled our direct debits. We are still trying to get them to pass on the internet and telephone banking numbers to ING bank. as they didnt cancel them. We dont know the numbers as we havent had a bill for months. I looked at our old Finansbank card and gave ING the number but they still cant get the numbers of Fortis. We are now being threatened with being cut off.

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Contact at Fortis
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2011, 12:40:51 PM »
If you have no account at Fortis they are unlikely to make any payments on your behalf. Then go into a Turk Telecom Shop... The one near the Dolmus stop in Fethiye is good and they should be able to pick up your account from your telephone number but an old bill/receipt would be better. Then when your account is sorted and you have avoided being cut off start a new Direct Debit with whoever. I prefer not to use DD as I am in control and thus avoid this sort of situation :)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Contact at Fortis
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2011, 11:23:17 AM »
Went into Fortis again yesterday to sign for them to stop our direct debits again!! I have seldom met such a rude woman as Sinem. Abrupt and very surly is how I would describe her.This was the same woman who slammed my bank card into my hand when I told her we were going to ING Bank. Disgraceful.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf