Author Topic: Contact at Fortis  (Read 6286 times)

Offline TheBruces187

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2011, 19:32:33 PM »
At the start of this topic, folks were trying to get some communication going with Fortis, without much success.

I have emailed Sinem twice without reply and am running out of time to sort my transactions with Fortis. Has any body had any success with other contact in Fortis?

Any advice will be much appreciated. Thanks, John

Offline Woodies

Contact at Fortis
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2011, 21:45:53 PM »
In answer to your question,John, I originally requested Sinems information and experienced the same lack of reply from Sinem to emails. At the third attempt, I'm afraid I was rather curt in my request for info from her, and lo and behold, received the reply I wanted. Her lack of response I think, is mainly due to her poor understanding of the English language, and non too professional attitude. I think an imminent move away from TEB is on the cards!!

Offline TheBruces187

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2011, 18:59:49 PM »
Hi Woodies. Thanks for the reply. Looks like I might have to up my level of directness, then. I will give it another shot. According to your profile, it looks like you might be from Dartford, Kent. That's unless there's a Dartford in Turkey that I have yet to find! We are just down the M2 a bit, not far from Maidstone. Thanks again, John

Offline johnc

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2012, 19:45:06 PM »
since Fortis becane TEB I now seem to be being charged 6YTL a month service charge on my daily account and Sinem told me that a service charge was made  by all banks - is this true

Offline FrankStanley

Contact at Fortis
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2012, 21:21:15 PM »
DisBank then Fortis then TEB. We have been with them since 2005. Is the bank still in the same premises ? Was talk of it moving onto Ataturk Caddessi last year.

Offline LeeGlo

Contact at Fortis
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2012, 19:10:30 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by johnc

since Fortis becane TEB I now seem to be being charged 6YTL a month service charge on my daily account and Sinem told me that a service charge was made  by all banks - is this true

Yes, usually, unless you have 2 DD's with the bank then they waive the bank charges. We have banked with TEB, branch near the Otogar for over 4 years, always had DD's and no bank charges to speak of, only bits when they move money around. Garanti charge about 37TL twice yearly for an account with no DD's.

Offline johnc

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2012, 21:48:33 PM »
Thanks for that info - more than Sinem told me. I have electricity paid by DD, but can't think of another DD to set up! Don't think you can pay water or council tax by DD?

Offline LeeGlo

Contact at Fortis
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2012, 18:38:24 PM »
Johnc - Yes you can have your water paid by DD at TEB, they have always paid ours. But not all banks will do the water payment.

Offline johnc

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2012, 13:32:24 PM »
Thanks - that is helpful, and may stay with them, but..not sure that I can put up with the communication problems I have with Sinem!

Offline LeeGlo

Contact at Fortis
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2012, 20:50:27 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by johnc

Thanks - that is helpful, and may stay with them, but..not sure that I can put up with the communication problems I have with Sinem!

I assume your account is with the branch that used to be Fortis, it might be an idea to move the account to one of the original TEB branches. There is one in town, on the one way back road and another on the main road out of Fethiye just before the Otogar roundabout. Both have English speaking staff.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf