Author Topic: Best bank  (Read 6193 times)

Offline jacqki

Best bank
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2011, 07:16:33 AM »
Wickwilly thanks for your input does the TEB account have restrictions on withdrawal and how is there interest paid?

Can anyone provide me with email details for ING and where is it? Would you make an appointment to open accounts or can you just go in?

Offline peecee

Best bank
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2011, 07:39:34 AM »
You just go in Jacqki.  They're sort of opposite the fish market on a corner.

Offline jacqki

Best bank
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2011, 08:09:48 AM »
Thanks Peecee and a big thanks to all who have contributed to my question.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Best bank
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2011, 08:20:20 AM »
Whoever you go with it will be a refreshing change from here.
Yesterday I had a simple request at Santander. After being told which online form (after 3 emails) to download I had completed it, went with my son and our id, lady on counter - through the gap in her plastic shield - said she wasn't trained to do name changes.
Manager was about as much help as nothing and told her it wasnt the right form, so we had a load of curfuffle while she tried to find the right one ( virtually identical to the one we had done.)
Anyway, long story short, a new book will be made and posted out in about 10 days. Have a bad feeling about it ever materialising.
Couldn't help but compare to my last visit to Finansbank with the lovely friendly girls, the comfy seats, the cay and the new bank book that they put in the machine and made for me there and then.
Anyway.... in answer to your question..... I would strongly recommend Finansbank, they are very helpful and you can choose the type & duration of your account.
It's great to have named people that you can email with queries, something else that is sadly lacking in the UK.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 08:25:40 AM by kayakebab »

Offline mac2010

Best bank
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2011, 08:32:11 AM »
I agree the finasbank are fantastic.They have so many different types of accounts offering upto 11% on one type.Ok none of them are the same as the orange account at ING .Also they are very good in dealing with any issues you might have and you can also get a credit card from them,the rates are a fraction of what the uk companies charge.There is a whole team of people that speak very good English and nothing seems to be to much trouble for them.

Offline Old Daffodil

Best bank
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2011, 09:06:34 AM »
Is Ayse still the lady bank manager at Finansbank in Fethiye?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 09:06:55 AM by Daffodil »

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Best bank
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2011, 09:51:05 AM »
yes she is ;)

I will stick with Finans, excellent service.

Offline col

Best bank
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2011, 12:58:08 PM »
Have to agree with the postings for Finans. It's difficult to find a memeber of staff who does not speak English. Well gone are the days when we all had to wait to see only Ayse for help in English. Their head office phone line for any help in English is excellent and far better than any UK bank I have used.

Offline jacqki

Best bank
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2011, 19:33:22 PM »
Finans bank sounds interesting thank you. Where is it in Fethiye and can we just go in or would we need to make an appointment? Thanks all

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Best bank
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2011, 19:43:44 PM »
Its opposite the big Carrefour, a few doors along from Burger King.
You need to go upstairs, then upstairs again, and ask for Gulsah or Emine. Avoid between 1 and 3 as they tend to take their breaks whenever they can during this time.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf