Author Topic: Nationwide  (Read 2987 times)

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
Nationwide
« on: August 24, 2011, 16:03:05 PM »
Is there still a £25 charge for having funds transfered to turkish a/c and is there still no charge for withdrawing cash from ATMs thanks. :)

Offline screamlead

Nationwide
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 16:15:16 PM »
Yes they still charge for transfers - 20 quid i think but has to be done 'in store' they wont do them online. ATM charges - they are now charging as you can only withdraw money from their current account. The flex account can be used in shops etc but not for cash. Costs about 4-5 quid to draw around 100 quids worth of turkish lira, for non uk commission and ATM charges all indicated as 'interest' charges.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Nationwide
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 16:24:06 PM »
I'm sure I transferred some money through NW on line to a Turkish account a couple of months ago. Charge was £20 I think. I certainly did not go into the branch like last time.

I will check when I get home.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Nationwide
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 16:50:06 PM »
Nationwide will charge if you draw lira or euros there is no charge to draw sterling.
For free money transfer Try this Company  http://www.ukforex.co.uk/promo/index-generic-uk.html?gclid=CLv--bXjyKgCFUEb4QodIBsEqg

Offline Molly

Nationwide
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 20:14:36 PM »
We transferred some money to our Turkish account in Garanti Bank and were charged £25 by Nationwide. A few weeks later we recieved a letter from Nationwide advising that there were addtional charges of £60 made from the receiving bank and the amount would be debited from our account! Anyone know how to avoid this in the future?

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

Nationwide
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 22:13:19 PM »
What you need to do in Turkey is find a bank that does not pass on that charge. It is totally out of the control of NationwidE. This type of charge may also be applied by a Turkish bank when you withdraw sterling. At present the banks are not making the charges or nationwide is not passing them on. It is only a matter of time before Turkish banks start passing these chbarges on and Nationwide will do the same.

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Nationwide
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 06:12:36 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Ovacikpeedoff

What you need to do in Turkey is find a bank that does not pass on that charge. It is totally out of the control of NationwidE. This type of charge may also be applied by a Turkish bank when you withdraw sterling. At present the banks are not making the charges or nationwide is not passing them on. It is only a matter of time before Turkish banks start passing these chbarges on and Nationwide will do the same.

This is one of the reasons I left Finnansbank I got a charge of £55, this was after informing them I was transferring money and assured I would not be charged. They tried to refund it for me but I was told it was the clearing bank that took it and not them.
When you transfer money get it in writing from the receiving bank they will not charge you, I have had no problems since at other banks.
Mark

Offline TheBruces187

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 10:50:06 AM »
My experience with Finansbank was that they charged for transfers in, unless you had agreed for this to be waived in advance with the Fethiye branch . I think they contacted the main receiving bank to say it was coming and we subsequently were not charged by Finans. £25 charged by Nationwide.

Offline col

Nationwide
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2011, 13:33:05 PM »
I checked with Finans bank about transfer of money to my account here from the uk bank, they, like possibly most banks here in Turkey! will waiver the fee if you see them first and give the details of the transfer.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Nationwide
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2011, 14:43:36 PM »
Thinking back we also got charged another £20 by the receiving bank. So it cost us about £45 in the end but it was all done on line.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf