Author Topic: S G K Health Insurance FIASCO - Urgent  (Read 36811 times)

Offline shutterbug

S G K Health Insurance FIASCO - Urgent
« Reply #290 on: January 22, 2012, 14:03:31 PM »
Hamilton:  'I doubt if the care given to retired RP's that are in need would be anything like the standard of care in the UK.'
Please see above. When I mentioned the feet to the dermatologist at Esnafe 5 years ago, she asked if I would like to see the Neurosurgeon. I said yes and within 10 minutes was being examined. The next day it was Mugla and an emg, back to Fethiye for an MRI and medication. turns out i have a herniaged disc. After I got the insurance, I went back to see the neuro and was sent to Antalaya for a report from the Professor Dr. The medication, which costs 141tl per month is now free because it is a chronic condition, as is my BP med. The MRI cost 35tl at Esnaf. I was scheduled for surgery on the fistula at Antalaya when they cancelled all policies in Oct, illegally, and that will cost 12tl. The hospitals are spotless, the equipment state of the art and they treat old folks better than younger ones. One of the benefits of living in an Islamic society.
AS to cost, everyone pays the same, and the cost averages out. I'm sure the number of auto and bike accidents cost more than elderly foriegner's care. Remember, there are more people living in Istanbul than the whole country of Greece and it is the biggest city in Europe. The secret is in the numbers.

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #291 on: January 22, 2012, 15:43:57 PM »
There HAD to be a 'sting in the tail'.  When the cost of residency came down, everyone though
"how wonderful".  As the spider said to the fly !  You know how it goes AND Cast a sprat etc etc.

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #292 on: January 23, 2012, 07:44:56 AM »
Where is the SGK office in Fethiye?

Offline Sus

« Reply #293 on: January 23, 2012, 08:02:07 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Ray1951

There HAD to be a 'sting in the tail'.  When the cost of residency came down, everyone though
"how wonderful".  As the spider said to the fly !  You know how it goes AND Cast a sprat etc etc.

Well put it this way they did not have to lower the cost of an RP in the first place, so think your self lucky they did.

With the amount of foreigners now living in Turkey do you really think that the small amount they were charging you for treatment covered the expenses of doctors and hospitals,  no way it did, so why should you expect Turkey to pay for your medical treatment without you paying something towards the upkeep of their hospitals,  medical equipment and medical staff salaries, I think 2,500 lira is a small amount to be asked to pay.

I really do not understand what all the complaining is about.

Offline Sus

« Reply #294 on: January 23, 2012, 08:04:45 AM »

People should be asking questions of the UK Government because they have been in talks with the Turkish Government over several issues.  The UK Government have a DUTY OF CARE to their citizens and as such, should be looking after them at ALL times, even if they choose to live elsewhere.
Many expats have paid NI, Tax and other charges in the UK for many years and therefore should be entitled to advice on matters such as this.[/
uote]

You really are joking regarding this post you must be, and please stop shouting you are giving me a headache.

Offline apollo

« Reply #295 on: January 23, 2012, 08:34:00 AM »

Well put it this way they did not have to lower the cost of an RP in the first place, so think your self lucky they did.

With the amount of foreigners now living in Turkey do you really think that the small amount they were charging you for treatment covered the expenses of doctors and hospitals,  no way it did, so why should you expect Turkey to pay for your medical treatment without you paying something towards the upkeep of their hospitals,  medical equipment and medical staff salaries, I think 2,500 lira is a small amount to be asked to pay.

[/quote]

My sentiments exactly!

Offline tylerbabe

« Reply #296 on: January 23, 2012, 08:36:59 AM »
We have now spoken to the embassy in ANKARA and they are waiting on confirmation from the turkish government and say we all should hold off until late this afternoon or tomorrow morning to get the truth and ankara will email all local consulate offices

Taken from Fethiye Expats on facebook [?]

Offline corbindallas

« Reply #297 on: January 23, 2012, 09:00:18 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Sus

quote:

Obviously you are not reading all the threads Sus, life is not always black and white, people are complaining because it is unfair in certain peoples circumstances, mine for instance means we have to pay double the fee as we chose not to get married, which is our right, others are not living in Turkey full time and are being trapped because of the new 90/180 visa rules. It is very clever 'not' to just say it is a small amount but for some it is not a small amount, compared to their income, remember this was not on the agenda pre 2010. As for paying towards the infastructure of Turkey's Healthcare system, I and others do this every time I pay taxes in Turkey and when I need medical attention I pay private at the fees they set and accept this fully. I do not get why you feel this is a issue made by the amount of foreigners here that is frankly crap, you only have to look at the money brought into turkey by ex pat's to see that.[:(!]

Offline Patience

« Reply #298 on: January 23, 2012, 09:04:54 AM »
Came across this in English "SOCIAL INSURANCE AND UNIVERSAL HEALTH
INSURANCE LAW" on the Turkish government site, which may be of interest http://www.sgk.gov.tr/wps/wcm/connect/1513fcb9-6954-42f1-9711-1708b08ff3a0/SOCIAL_INSURANCE_AND_UNIVERSAL_HEALTH_INSURNCE_LAW.pdf?MOD=AJPERES

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #299 on: January 23, 2012, 09:07:12 AM »
There are now two topics which are more or less at the same point of conversation so please note this one will close and be left as read-only and the other [ http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/link.asp?TOPIC_ID=45259 ] will become the centre for debate on this topic. If I can find a moment when someone isn't already mid-reply on this one I will close it then, otherwise it will be tonight when you are all sleeping.

If you want you point to be part of the ongoing discussions, post it in the other one please.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf