Author Topic: Dog poisoning  (Read 2550 times)

Offline ay

« on: October 15, 2011, 09:59:25 AM »
Whilst walking one of our dogs this morning, my husband was stopped by a small group of turkish and english men. One of the english guys, clearly very distressed and crying warned by husband to be very careful as he had just had to bury his dog. Apparantly whilst walking along the bottom road around the Magnolia complex and the Aes Hotel, his poor dog inhaled poison. It is now being sprayed on the ground instead of being left on food so just sniffing is lethal. This is not the first incident I have heard of in the general area. I was also warned a couple of weeks ago when walking our other dog that a turkish man's dog had just been poisoned - by inhaling - in the Orka Hotel area. I thought the heavy rains would have washed it away but the sick individual/s responsible are obviously re-spraying the poison. There are no words to describe what I would do to this sicko if I could get my hands on them. So, please, all dog owners be extra vigilant when out on your walks. The thought of another animal being poisoned is just too distressing

Offline BM06

Dog poisoning
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 12:43:09 PM »
Scum[:(!][:(!]

Offline Stressed Eric

Dog poisoning
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 12:55:34 PM »
This is so worrying. My heart goes out to that poor man. How the hell are you suppposed to stop a dog sniffing around whilst on their walks. Whoever is doing such a wicked act wants poisoning themselves...as you say BM06...Scum.

Offline mary2

Dog poisoning
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 18:44:05 PM »
hi there, thank you so much for warning all dogs owners of the poison witch is now being sprayed, does the spray poison have a color.i have a puppy and walk her along the bottom road past orka hotel, i will now walk her else were. as ay said it is very difficult to stop a dog sniffing whilst out walking them, thanks once again. mary

Offline grizabella

Dog poisoning
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 09:19:45 AM »
This practise is against the law and must be reported to the local authorities so that they can be made aware of the problem and 'hopefully' do something about it.Unfortunately,if found, the perpetrators will only get a fine of 200 or 300tl.The law is about to be changed to a prison sentence if anyone is found to be cruel to any animals.So here's hoping this happens sooner rather than later.This barbaric practise has to be stopped!

Offline ay

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2011, 10:14:45 AM »
I'm afraid I don't know if the poison has a colour, however, my husband is going to speak to our vet tomorrow to see if he can shed some kind of light on what might be being used. If he comes up with anything I will post on here. The poor man involved did report it to the jandarma so they are aware. I totally agree, something has to be done to stop this

Offline screamlead

Dog poisoning
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2011, 10:41:11 AM »
There were some poisons banned a while back but peeps in the villages stock piled them for rat and mice control -- problem is a cat will catch a doped up mouse thinking easy meal - unfortunately we lost 3 cats to this method so far! This year so far we have taken over 40 rats n mice off our cats but thats only the ones we know of when they bring them home to show us!

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Dog poisoning
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2011, 12:01:14 PM »
A lot of the stuff they put down is rosagenin based. They distill rosagenin, which has very similar properties to strychnine, from Oleander leaves which contain a fairly high concentration of it.

One of the very good reasons why you should wear gloves and wash your hands throughly after pruning / handling Oleanders.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 12:04:06 PM by KKOB »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf