Author Topic: Ladies Clothes for sale, all labelled from UK  (Read 13509 times)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Ladies Clothes for sale, all labelled from UK
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2011, 23:07:30 PM »
Our charities as you know Keith have to jump through hoops and follow all the rules. I was just asking if we have to be registered dont they? I dont know who they would register with Andy but we have to be accountable to Fetav. As I said it is commendable that they want to help animals in that area but there are rules to follow in this Country. You cant just set up and call yourselves a charity and they didnt make it crystal clear that the money wasnt going to AA. Andy did it for them. :D
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 23:12:01 PM by mercury »

Offline Julesp

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2011, 23:19:29 PM »
Its a minefield What you can and cant do as a charity But you must be registered as Mercury tinkerman and us at FiG know

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2011, 23:32:50 PM »
I know this - my point isn't about that - I'm saying that the reaction to them trying to help has been that they are doing something wrong, whereas actually they are doing something not quite correctly.

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2011, 10:02:20 AM »
Whether the legalities are right or wrong is not my business.

My question was a simple one & remains unanswered due to the vague nature of the 1st post.

Is ALL the money raised by this sale going to an animal charity or only some of it?

Just as a side-note: I wonder why the setting up of this new charity hasn't been publicised anywhere? This topic is the 1st I've heard of it & there's no mention on the local area FB page yet the sale is, surely they would be shouting from the rooftops to get stock as all the other charities do?

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2011, 12:39:47 PM »
It would be nice if someone who knows Sally Ann could get her to come on and explain the facts properly.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2011, 14:18:27 PM »
Animal Aid are aware of them Mark and if we get any animal calls related to their area we email or call them.
Im sure there's a lot of things going on here in Calis that people in other areas are unaware of too.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2011, 14:19:57 PM »
I agree that there should be no misunderstandings and certainly no ambiguity about who you are and perhaps more importantly, who you aren't. But once again, the structure of these people's help group is getting all the replies and next to nothing about what they are trying to do. What is more important to people here - to want to help animals and prevent their suffering, or to be the best at getting the right approvals and publicising your events?

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2011, 15:23:02 PM »
I only asked a simple question Keith. I am all for helping animals, you & many others know I help Animal Aid (Fethiye group) when & where I can. The opening post is far from clear, the op has not returned to clarify the position, I will sit on the fence (hope it's strong fence lol) until I have received clear instructions as to where the money raised from the sale of the clothes is going.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2011, 15:48:17 PM »
I think the message is fairly clear. They are selling clothes from the UK.

And they are also selling bits and bobs in aid of what now transpires a different Animal Aid to the one we are familiar with - the use of the same name is rather unfortunate though.

Does it matter if they are buying and selling clothes for profit for themselves? And you can't assume they are doing something illegal; last time someone made a comment about someone working illegally that particular person was in fact a Turkish citizen.

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2011, 16:04:40 PM »
I cannot understand what all the fuss is about whether the clothes come from a fashion show or whether the profit on the clothes sale goes to an animal charity. For that matter it could be a joint venture and the sale for the animal aid is just a way of raising funds from an expected gathering of people.

These people in Ovacik are just trying to raise funds to help some misfortunate animals. Maybe it was wrong to use the word charity but lets not beat them up for doing that.

Indirectly, what they are doing is close to my heart. When we lived in Ovacik we rehomed a dog that wandered the streets in the area. When we did he was very underweight and lived in a ditch. There is not a day goes by when I do not look at him and wonder what would have happened to him if we had not given him a home. On the flip side I never thought in my wildest dreams that he would turn out to be the most loving dog that he is.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf