Author Topic: Transfer on money from UK  (Read 2140 times)

Offline Mary Howarth

Transfer on money from UK
« on: March 08, 2012, 08:09:11 AM »
Whats the easiest way to transfer money from a UK bank into a Turkish bank and should it be tranferred in Sterling and changed into Lira? Mary
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 10:32:40 AM by stoop »

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 08:55:58 AM »
I transfer money through my bank but I have a GBP and YTL account so I transfer GBP to the GBP account I think that is cheaper

Offline Mary Howarth

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 09:11:55 AM »
Does that mean i need two accounts a Sterling and a lira what the best way to move it by Iban??

Offline sueling

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 11:11:15 AM »
I transfer money using Swift transfer.

UK GBP --> Turkish GBP bank account.

Its usual to have a Turkish bank account in GBP and one in TL with the same bank.

If you set your accounts up to be accessed online you can take advantage of daily exchange rates to convert from GBP to TL
and can see what your rate will be before clicking the button.

e-deposit time accounts give a higher rate of interest.

You need to go to the Turkish bank in person to open an account
and need a Turkish tax no. and your passport.

Ive been trying to open a new Turkish account with a bank I havent used before using the internet and found it cant be done, even though I have a Turkish tax no. but no Kimlik (residency) no.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 13:39:16 PM »
Definitely transfer UK GBP to Turkish GBP & ensure that you pay all charges in the UK, otherwise you may have a nasty suprise when the Turkish bank has taken a cut.

Offline charlste

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 17:25:45 PM »
I am also trying to transfer my money from my halifax account to a friends turkish sterling account with garanti bank.When i put all the details into my account using the international money transfer how can i be sure it will be transferred in sterling.what happens if they try to convert it into lira.I have rang halifax online banking and they havent got a clue.

Offline grahamturner09

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 18:07:27 PM »
It should ask if you want the transfer in GBP or TL transfer it as GBP or you will get the rubish UK exchange rate.

Offline charlste

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 19:45:33 PM »
It doesnt ask.Has soon has you pick the country in the drop down box it says turkey(try).I have to transfer £100 so i am presuming that when i put £100 into the amount box thats what they transfer and has it is going into a sterling account in turkey that should be it.Does it leave the uk in sterling and then it is the foreign back that exchanges it if neccessary?

Offline grahamturner09

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2012, 20:35:02 PM »
With my bank You send Sterling to a Sterling account.
£100 is a small amount to send the banks charge around £30 for the transfer is there not someone can take it out for you.When does it have to be there I am going out on the 6th of April

Offline charlste

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2012, 18:40:24 PM »
Thankyou very much for offering to take it out Graham,that was very kind of you.
I have been back to my bank today and went through it with the manager.Even he doesnt know whether it will get there in sterling.When i put Turkey in theres a drop down box that automatically says turkey tl.I clicked on it and changed it to gbp sterling.Has its going into a sterling turkish account it should be ok.Who knows???
In this day and age it should be so easy!!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf