Author Topic: ING monthly bank charges  (Read 3397 times)

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
ING monthly bank charges
« on: April 30, 2012, 20:52:25 PM »
I recently transferred some money from my ING Orange account to my ING daily account online.
Prior to this my daily account was empty and had never been used.

When I went to draw some of the money it was 23 tl short.

I went into ING today to find out what's going on and its a monthly charge of 5.75TL, which became backdated to the date I opened the account once I transferred this money into it.

Ive closed the account as I don't want to get caught like that again.
Alper came over and asked what was wrong and said all banks make this kind of charge.
He said I should have gone to the branch and withdrawn money instead, but as I explained to him I did it online to save a trip into Fethiye as I was going away and was busy.

Im tempted to close the whole lot but not sure who to go with.
Unfortunately I couldn't close it today as they didn't have the money in the branch.
I asked about transferring it online to a different bank and was told the charge would be 50tl

Has anyone else experienced anything like this with any other banks?

Offline johnc

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 21:42:20 PM »
yes, since TEB took over Fortis I now find I am paying 6YTL a month on my daly account as a service charge and I was old that all banks charge this. Is there any bank which does not? Does not make sense - they have my money for nothing and they charge me as well!

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
ING monthly bank charges
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 22:00:41 PM »
All the  banks I am with or have been with (Fortis Finnas,Teb, ING,) charge unless you have direct debits set up to your daily account.

Offline corbindallas

ING monthly bank charges
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 07:36:51 AM »
As Mark states these charges are normal at most banks in Turkey, but setting up DD to pay electric/ water / phone/ internet etc. on each open account you have means the bank then waive these charges. These apply to only TL accounts not any sterling account's you hold (yet).

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
ING monthly bank charges
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 07:47:21 AM »
It was more the fact that it was backdated to the date I opened he account ( im glad I hadnt had it a couple of years ! ) and 50tl to do an online transfer I was referring to.
I am aware of the direct debit ruling which is standard.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
ING monthly bank charges
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 08:09:46 AM »
There are no charges for the ING Orange account as you probably know Linda but when you transfer the money to your ING daily account to say withdraw from a cashpoint this is when the charge hits in.

I got caught out that way.

There are no charges for the online transfers so you can make the transaction online to transfer the money to another account with another bank maybe another daily account where you have your DD set up  to avoid the charges incurred with their daily account.

I still think the ING Ornage account is worth keeping because there is the benefit of the high interest like all monthly (time deposit) accounts but with instant access, a definite bonus if you are like me and want my cash when I want it not in 3 weeks time or whenever the monthly due date comes up.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 08:11:22 AM by nichola »

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
ING monthly bank charges
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 08:24:17 AM »
I agree Nichola, that is the best thing about the account.
I've cut up the daily cash card and drawn out the remainder of the money from the daily account and closed it.
It's just annoying if as was the case I didn't have a chance to get into Fethiye before going away, so you will have to go to the branch.

Re the charge to another bank, transfer online is 50 tl, I asked yesterday as they couldn't give it to me in cash.

Offline milliemars

ING monthly bank charges
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 08:28:44 AM »
I opened a TEB 30day account and they automatically gave me a turkish daily account and a sterling account which I never asked for,and that are empty at the moment.Does the same apply,I am paying a monthly charge on them.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
ING monthly bank charges
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 08:30:53 AM »
No charges on line to other banks as long as they are in Turkey. I do online transfers quite often and did one just the other day from my ING Orange account; it is standard practice among the banks here.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
ING monthly bank charges
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2012, 09:56:15 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by milliemars

I opened a TEB 30day account and they automatically gave me a turkish daily account and a sterling account which I never asked for,and that are empty at the moment.Does the same apply,I am paying a monthly charge on them.

I'm with TEB and have the same 'setup'.  The daily account works as a current account so yes I do - and expect to - pay a small charge for the availability of banking services, and like Nichola has observed above I have not paid for any online services or bank transfers.  I have not had a charge for the sterling account from the start, but it could be I have and that it has been 'merged' in with my current account charges.  Hope that help?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf