Author Topic: Barclays travel insurance  (Read 2191 times)

Offline mkwhite

Barclays travel insurance
« on: May 05, 2012, 18:46:21 PM »
I have a bank account that offers free travel insurance with Barclays,has anyone any experience with these free insurance services?

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 20:05:20 PM »
yes we have used them for a few years,not claimed for anything medical but
when we were stuck in turkey because of the ash cloud, they gave us each cover for each day we were in turkey for 7days we got about £3OO or so cannot remember exact amount but it paid for my hubbies loss of wages

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 21:36:43 PM »
We had the barclays travel insurance that was part of the current account where we paid a monthly fee.I had cause to use it in Turkey and it was 1st class.They called us a couple of days after I having treatment at the Letoon to see if I was recovering.They also called us when we got home to make sure we got back safely. I could not fault them.

Do remember that the free insurance with a normal account may have a number of exclusions.If you are a diabetic or have high blood pressure some of them use it to virtually exclude everything.

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 16:15:12 PM »
Always best to check exactly what cover you have if travel insurance comes 'free'. As a rep I can remember some people thinking they had cover for everything but they weren't, so best to check.

Offline ovacik2

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2012, 19:50:14 PM »
Nationwide do a similar travel insurance with a Current Flex Account. Rated 5 Star by Defaqto. A phone call secured cover for diabetes and other pre-existing including retinopathy high cholesterol and high blood pressure for an extra £30. Extended stay up to 71days was an extra £60. In our case an extra £90 for very comprehensive cover. This was the deal offer to us.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 19:54:58 PM by ovacik2 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf