Author Topic: HSBC atm  (Read 8192 times)

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

HSBC atm
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2012, 00:40:57 AM »
It seems Nichola you seem to be wearing blinkers and struggle to understand what the policy is. In real life NBS has the right to charge but does do not so.

To clear all of this confusion up I will raise this issue with senior management

I think what all of you living in Turkey should also understand is that you should not have a flexaccount. The conditions include you should be resident in the UK.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 00:50:08 AM by Ovacikpeedoff »

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

HSBC atm
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2012, 00:55:05 AM »
Just a wind up, I will not raise it with senior management because if I did they would probably decide to pass the charges on.Because of the amount involved it just might be that someone has not cottoned on to it.It is very unusual to be able to draw sterling out of ATMs abroad. I have been to a number of countries and have never seen it except in Turkey and that is why it slips under the radar.

Please just leave things as they are. Making any representations to NBS could finish up biting you in the pocket.

If you live in Turkey you have an account that you should not have and free sterling withdrawals.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 01:00:52 AM by Ovacikpeedoff »

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
HSBC atm
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2012, 01:00:02 AM »
There is no confusion! No one but you it seems cares what goes on behind the scenes. Do we get charged - no we do not, YET!

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

HSBC atm
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2012, 01:03:02 AM »
Nichola if that is the way you want to play it I will raise it. Then you may care about what goes on behind the scenes.I have given you the reasons why it is not an issue at the moment.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 01:06:42 AM by Ovacikpeedoff »

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
HSBC atm
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2012, 01:28:40 AM »
We can play bat and ball  on this all night I am afraid especially as no one else is online.

But I am afraid you are completely missing my point in your determination to pursue the topic of behind the scene charges that you first introduced to the topic and which I believe no one actually cares about.

I restate my point which is about what I was asked - Do we currently get charged by the Nationwide for withdrawing Sterling overseas. Answer - No we don't!

I will leave it for others to comment on your intentions which are nothing to do with me or what I think and will be entirely down to you.

Offline quackers

HSBC atm
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2012, 05:49:37 AM »
I for one dont care what the policy behind the scene is at the moment. I am just grateful i do not get charged by Nationwide for withdrawing in GBP from any bank out here. Long may it be so. If they do decide to charge later on I will accept it.

Offline Diverbaz 1

HSBC atm
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2012, 08:27:12 AM »
If ALL banks make a charge for drawing money from each others machines, surely at the end of the day, by the time HSBC adds up the withdrawals from other bank cards and TEB add theirs up and Nationwide add theirs up etc etc etc, then check the difference to see who owes who what, it's probable not cost effective to charge anyway. You know how much accountants cost!!!!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 08:28:56 AM by Diverbaz 1 »

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
HSBC atm
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2012, 09:24:09 AM »
You would think most people would look at it like that Quackers,but obviously one person does,nt. dont waste your time Nichola, some people just love to argue,(small minds) ;)

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

HSBC atm
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2012, 11:50:25 AM »
All I am trying to say is that these withdrawals should be subject to charges. What you have is a system glitch and NBS are not aware of it. I know for a fact that they are not aware of the strange situation you have in Turkey on being able to withdraw sterling from ATMS. I am not arguing that they are charging fees as I have used the account in Turkey.The global banks such as HSBC are well aware of it but NBS is just UK based.

What I want to make you aware of is that if it is discovered then they will apply fees and as a last resort close any accounts with foreign addresses.

Baz, one of the big prooblems for Nationwide is that 3m people who have flexaccounts do not use it as their main bank account and use it as a convenience account for things like holidays.This is the main reason why fee charging was introduced. So running these accounts is an expensive business. What you say about netting off fees is not far off how it actually works. The problem is that in the case of Turkish banks the fees tend to be one way as we do not get many people withdrawing from TEB or Garanti in the UK.The reason why the non sterling fees have not been identified is that in the whole scheme of things the amounts are small. To pass these feeson would be cost effective as it would just require a minor system change.

Des if I was as small minded as you think I am I could have raised this issue a long time ago. As I said above it is a system glitch that would not require a great deal of effort to change it.

Offline Marggie

HSBC atm
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2012, 20:45:54 PM »
Discussion seems to have really livened up on this topic!  We have been out all day and had a few vodis so now is not the time to get into discussion.  Will log in tomorrow when the brain is clear!:D:D:D:D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf