Author Topic: Can't Get CBF - What to Do  (Read 6650 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Can't Get CBF - What to Do
« on: June 03, 2012, 10:47:18 AM »
Obviously not now as you can get CBF because you are reading this but in future...if you can't access CBF...join the Facebook group CBF Calis [ https://www.facebook.com/groups/64776230935/ ] (now) and I try to keep everyone informed over there too when things aren't going too well on here.

Soon we will move hosting company and we will be offline for a while then too, so will keep everyone up to date via the Facebook Group.

Offline jackstee

Re: Can't Get CBF - What to Do
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 21:49:38 PM »
Sorry Keith

Don't do face book as I think there are to many ways to let the wrong information out. (Especially if your new'Ish to computers)

This website, I think(my opinion) Looks like the sailing sites I used to go on some 10 years ago.

Again "Sorry Keith" But I think you have gone backwards. But , of course, this is only my opinion.

I would hazard a guess that when you have been some years on a site and literally checked it almost every day. You get comfortable with it and able to navigate.
Just don't, at the moment , think it's worth the bother.

But good luck anyway.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 22:04:35 PM »

This website, I think(my opinion) Looks like the sailing sites I used to go on some 10 years ago.

Well sail on Steve, I don't need posts like yours today after the bank holiday weekend I've lost trying to please people like you.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 23:24:06 PM »
jackstee - I am struggling to understand your post.

I am obvioulsy not familar with sailing sites of some 10 years ago but can you explain what you mean.

The new CBF has not be up and running for very long but as far as I can see it follows the previous format with some enhanced features.

With respect, if you "do not think it's worth the bother" after all the work that has clearly been involved in making the changes, then that is your choice.

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 23:34:36 PM »
Aw Jackstee, are you having an off day? The new site is far too new for you to be making those remarks. Why would you not navigate around it for a while and get to grips with (not so) unfamiliar format before being so negative? Your post is not in keeping with your usual contributions so hang about, keep positive and don't be upsetting folks who've no doubt busted their guts out to get this up and runing so quickly after the previous forum's quick demise.
 :(

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 23:47:05 PM »

Well, there's always the "back" button.

Ungrateful ****.

JF

Offline Marggie

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2012, 06:07:26 AM »
[quote author=jackstee link=topic=47089.msg278113#msg278113 date=1338929378

Just don't, at the moment, think it's worth the bother.

Jackstee, have you any idea how much physical and mental endeavours it will have taken to get this site up and working and over a Bank Holiday weekend when the rest of the country were enjoying themselves.  Like Toky I am surprised by the tone of your post, it is not like you - but hey ho that's life.

[/quote]
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 06:13:14 AM by Marggie »

Offline CleopatrasAsp

• Irish by birth, Geordie by marriage!
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2012, 10:11:43 AM »
I have to confess it's a little confusing at the moment because the look is so different, but I'll get to grips with it eventually.  There's far too much good information on here to kick it in to touch because you don't like the look of it. 
I appreciate all the effort that has gone in to set up the new site.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2012, 10:16:11 AM »
There's far too much good information on here to kick it in to touch because you don't like the look of it. 
Especially as he only gave it about 15 minutes before condemning it! It is unfamiliar and awkward and not as comfy as the last place - isn't life just like that! The more you use the new forum the more you will grow to love it and understand why this is a huge step forward - not a step backwards at all.

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2012, 10:38:04 AM »
I've just got on and will faff about until I'm used to it. Its fine and i think you've done wonders Keith take no notice!O
Its not as if were paying to be members!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 10:44:39 AM by redding43 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf