Author Topic: So what happens if there is real Earthquake damage?  (Read 8287 times)

Offline quackers

Re: So what happens if there is real Earthquake damage?
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2012, 14:55:25 PM »
I have been to get the low down on Dask. On your DASK policy is an ammount the Turkish Govenment will give you (usually about 1/3rd of the property value as on the TAPU) This is given to rebuild the shell of your property. You choose the builder. You take out additional buildings insurane to cover the completion of the property. i.e. windows ,doors, fixtures and fittings ,tiles,painting , pool ,ect. This ammount is also paid to you direct.There is a 2% excess on the ammount paid to you on both polices.You can also take out contents insurance and any items you have 2 or more of (laptops,TV ect) have to be listed also any valuable items (jewelry ect) and they should be photographed and a copy given to insurer. A standard policy for contents starts at 20k tl. To obtain additional buildings insurance you will need a copy of your Dask,Tapu and Tax number ,also copies of passports for all persons named on the Tapu. In the event of minor damage to your building(cracks) it pays out and in the event of an earthquake later in the same year the policy runs it will pay out again. Hope this helps .

Offline teetee

• Travel broadens your mind......and your waist!
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2012, 15:11:47 PM »
Thanks Quackers a nice clear and concise summery of what the different insurances relate to and what you should do.

Offline quackers

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2012, 17:20:02 PM »
Oh and by the way my buildings and contents insurance is 388tl a year . I do not think that is expensive.

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2012, 19:14:01 PM »
Just renewed my buildings and contents for 3 bed detached villa, gives me exra 99,000tl of buildings plus contents cover all in English fro lianz 28tl

Offline quackers

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2012, 14:32:44 PM »
Do you mean the policy is in english and it only cost 28tl!!! Our policy is in english. Where did you get it for 28tl I am interested for when ours comes up for renewal?

Offline apollo

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2012, 07:54:45 AM »
Just renewed my buildings and contents for 3 bed detached villa, gives me exra 99,000tl of buildings plus contents cover all in English fro lianz 28tl

Can you please clarify the situation for me.

As I ınderstand from your post.
1. You have added 99,000 liras worth of extra cover , for 28 lira, to your DASK buildings insurance?
2.This will also cover contents?

Offline quackers

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2012, 18:03:56 PM »
You cannot add/increase  DASK the ammount is set by the sq metres of your villa as on your Tapu. I think he has taken out extra buildings and contents insurance. But only 28tl thats a bargain. Hope he tells us who with.

Offline apollo

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2012, 21:24:20 PM »
Obviously a one time special offer and sworn to secrecy.

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2012, 06:10:11 AM »
this should read 258tl and it is from Alianz I want my laptop back this old one of Caroles is hopless, or I will have to start proof reading.

Offline quackers

« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2012, 06:54:56 AM »
Good value will look at them when mine comes up for renewal.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf