Author Topic: Boom Boom music in centre of H  (Read 9172 times)

Offline carlan

Re: Boom Boom music in centre of H
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2012, 10:59:15 AM »
Poor Hisar, it's a bit of an 'orphan Annie', a manmade blot on the landscape that doesn't really fit in! Turkey didn't need another 'hell hole' resort, if you can call it a resort. There are still plenty of people out there who would much prefer a chillaxing holiday in the country away from it all, Hisar had it on a plate, then the green eyed monster reared it's ugly head and 'bang' we've got what we see today!

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2012, 18:35:15 PM »
I suppose different strokes for different folks.  If you go to T.A. there is a Forum for Hisaronu and the people on there are so delighted with the place and go back year after year.  It's a strange fact, but there is no Forum for Calis Beach on T.A.  it is under Fethiye, which is really confusing for some people.
But getting back to Hissy, I would not miss it during the day, great shopping and good beauty salons, but could not be there in the evenings. 
Just as well we are all not the same.

Offline AndyLin

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2012, 06:29:25 AM »
http://www.fethiyetimes.com/news/44-news/7014-news-snippets-week-ending-23rd-june-2012.html

Seems like the loud music will be stopped shortly or bar owners will face heavy fines.

Offline Libra

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2012, 07:03:59 AM »
I want to be optimistic , but it 's the repeated scenario like in the past years. One month of the season gone and they react now. All this should have been spoken before the season start without waiting for complaints. 

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2012, 09:30:45 AM »
But will they enforce it ?   we`ve been here before  :(

Offline angela

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2012, 09:33:07 AM »
I agree whole heartedly with all the above, we have had some greatv times in Hisaronu, fabulous place for people watching, but the noise level is horrendous, I think it's true that it is what the bar staff want rather than the customers. I would not ever entertain the idea of Marmaris in the holiday season, and I would hate H to be tarred with the same brush.

Offline carlan

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2012, 19:10:06 PM »
As I've said previously I do love Hisar during the day, now if the authorities were to practice what they preach I would be more than happy to try Hisar again at night. However, as Sleuth says, we've been here before. If they do clamp down I can't help feeling it will be short lived and when the dust has settled Hisar will soon revert to it's old ways as it has before.

Offline Libra

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2012, 08:30:53 AM »
Poor Hisar, it's a bit of an 'orphan Annie', a manmade blot on the landscape that doesn't really fit in! Turkey didn't need another 'hell hole' resort, if you can call it a resort. There are still plenty of people out there who would much prefer a chillaxing holiday in the country away from it all, Hisar had it on a plate, then the green eyed monster reared it's ugly head and 'bang' we've got what we see today!

I started researching "Cittaslow" cities , maybe I'll choose a new place to move next : http://www.cittaslow.org/

Offline Karabag

« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2012, 19:06:55 PM »
I went there a few weeks back with 4 of my other middle aged lady friends, we had a great time, loved the boys dancing on the bars, loved the music and loved the atmosphere, it is what it is. I wouldn't want to take my husband or family there but us ladies had a scream  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf