Author Topic: About Me (Alper)  (Read 6033 times)

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Re: About Me (Alper)
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2012, 08:49:35 AM »
Alper, you come across a nice guy who appears to have helped a few folks earn a couple of bob - but are you suggesting that they "follow" you from bank to bank as you make your career choices?  For expats, Garanti is a pretty pi$$ poor choice I reckon, but then again thats only my opinion...

JF

Edited to circumvent the feckin swear filter!
John can you tell us why in your opinion, that garanti is such a bad bank, many people I know use garanti and are happy and I am considering using them as a second option
Mark

Offline banker

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2012, 09:12:11 AM »
Thank you very much for all comments  :) I will try for my best as always.

regards.

Offline banker

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2012, 09:14:48 AM »
Good luck Alper.  Which Garanti are you based in...the one in town or the one opposite Zakuum? 
Hi I will be at the one which is in centrum  :) Will be happy to see you  :)

Offline corbindallas

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2012, 09:35:54 AM »
Alper, you come across a nice guy who appears to have helped a few folks earn a couple of bob - but are you suggesting that they "follow" you from bank to bank as you make your career choices?  For expats, Garanti is a pretty pi$$ poor choice I reckon, but then again thats only my opinion...

JF

Edited to circumvent the feckin swear filter!

John can you can inform us more on your opinion re Garanti as it may help others on experiences, re Alpers suggestion about moving banks with him it is obviously a personal choice but I know what you get with Alper is a first class service the best competitive rate available and more than just a banking service he will help and advice on anything else you want. Maybe this is the difference between your past banking experience and future banking experience with a guy like Alper there to facilitate I know it will be a better option to move with him! Ask anyone who stayed at Fortis after he left for a clear example of that!

Offline mac2010

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2012, 09:55:45 AM »
Wow this guy moves around more than most of the waiters or chefs :) and he tries to move you guys with him.I am sure he is very good at what he does and I do not know him but moving accounts everytime he moves seems abit strange.Over the last seven years here I have used most of the banks and found most of them to be ok as long as you do not have a problem then things take a turn. Finans bank do far more for you regarding service and help even if its not bank related and if a problem accurrs they do everything to help .Good luck with your knew bank for how ever long you are there.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2012, 10:10:27 AM »
I can't agree on that - I have had experience of several banks during the time we lived there and agree on the part that all is fairly comfortable (if busy) till something goes wrong. I know Alper and I must say that so many people rate the guy and tell stories how he goes the extra mile - when things are good and when things go wrong - that he is a cut above. I'd agree with that, I have taken a good number of my customers to him to open new accounts and Fortis is bloody awful without him.

You can't blame him for taking a good opportunity - or for trying to take his customers with him - who doesn't? When I was a salesman that's exactly what interested my competitors, not just me but my accounts. Same everywhere. Alper has bills to pay like the rest of us and it does appear his skills are the ones in demand in the Fethiye banking scene. I do agree with Jacqui though - he'll need to come up with something special to prise his customers a second time, from ING, for the very reasons she gave.

I wish you all the luck in the World Alper.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2012, 10:18:36 AM »
Most people choose a bank based on the interest rate they are going to get (most often asked question re banks on this forum) and good service is a plus.

The ING Orange account offers a unique account that offers a high interest PLUS instant access. The interest rate is very competitive. I have found the service to be excellent and there is rarely much in the way of waiting time. Their web site is crap though.

Finansbank offers a competitive interest rate and excellent service but the down side is that often you can wait an hour or more to be served. Their web site is great.

Garanti bank do not offer such a good interest rate - I was personally told by my Personal Advisor that they did not offer such good rates as Finansbank and never have. The service is OK but I had a lot of hassle when I tried to set up an online account and had to go into the branch numerous times to sign God only knows how many letters authorizing me to actually see what was in my own account, move my money on line blah blah blah.

The question about which bank to choose should be based on your own personal needs and not on what one person can do for you because today here in Fethiye, maybe tomorrow in Istanbul and then what do you do?

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2012, 11:33:55 AM »
John can you tell us why in your opinion, that garanti is such a bad bank, many people I know use garanti and are happy and I am considering using them as a second option
John can you can inform us more on your opinion re Garanti as it may help others on experiences, re Alpers suggestion about moving banks with him it is obviously a personal choice but I know what you get with Alper is a first class service the best competitive rate available and more than just a banking service he will help and advice on anything else you want. Maybe this is the difference between your past banking experience and future banking experience with a guy like Alper there to facilitate I know it will be a better option to move with him! Ask anyone who stayed at Fortis after he left for a clear example of that!

Garanti used to actually advertise themselves as the "expats" bank which I always found ironic as the bank most folks (in Istanbul) always complained about was... Garanti!  Everything from payments not made when supposed to, cancelling regular payments without notice, rude counter staff, the simplest transaction ending up being a multi branch visit saga, losing important items of documentation...  the list is endless.

Now I will concede that a lot of that is anecdotal, however my partner still has an account with Garanti to look after a property she owns with a couple of friends and I've observed the sheer incompetence and "couldn't give a flying feck" attitude of Garanti staff at first hand.  At one time they insured with Garanti and the supposed renewal wasn't processed leaving them completely uninsured for a period, the resultant paper signing and "its your fault, not ours" attitude was a prime motivator for them to use Intasure (slightly more expensive but hassle free).

The only reason they're still with Garanti is...   do you know I'm not sure why they're still there, probably laziness and the fact they need all three to be in Fethiye at the same time to open a new account.

Finansbank offers a competitive interest rate and excellent service but the down side is that often you can wait an hour or more to be served. Their web site is great.
Never had to wait long at the branch in town, but as the poster says, their online banking is excellent and I can do virtually everything I need online.

As I said in my original post, its just my opinion.  However, my opinion has been formed over the years by observing the antics of Garanti and hearing my other half cursing when Garanti decided to stop paying the aydat and they got fined from the Ko-op for being in arrears.

I've heard nothing but good about Alper, and at one point I almost went with him at Ing/Fortis (cant remember which), but I cant see the logic in following one individual from bank to bank as they progress their career - and I'm sure Alpers career will progress. 

JF

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2012, 12:03:51 PM »
I agree with  jacqui very nice helpful guy like him a lot but will not follow him this time ,ING very good why change instant access very good for me good luck alper thanks for all your help probably see you back at ING next year .  ;) 

Offline banker

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2012, 12:51:49 PM »
Thank you very much Keıth  :) I am not thınkıng to go to Istanbul because I love Fethiye.
I feel that I am workıng really hard and doıng good job for my customers they are not just customer for me as they feel.
I have trıed to reach and ınform them as always thank you to everybody agaın.

regards.

alper

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf