Author Topic: turkish landline  (Read 4856 times)

Offline tonysue

turkish landline
« on: July 22, 2012, 13:46:42 PM »
Has anybody any idea how much it cost to have a landline installed and how much a month the line rental is? we use our place about 4 month out of the year and would like to know if its worthwhile. thanks

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Re: turkish landline
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 15:39:30 PM »
No charge for installation and about 18tl a month rental, You will need an electrician to connect the phone in the house approx 25tl.
Mark

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 18:07:07 PM »
That is so cheap... Will be doing that one day, in the meantime we did invest in a Turkish mobile last month as the locals don't like ringing British mobiles (don't blame them). 

Offline Brianbern

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 18:37:40 PM »
Followed Karaokemark's advice and picked up 2 sim-free mobiles in the UK and had them registered over in Turkey. Wish we had done this many years ago---extremely useful.
He also recommended "Best Minutes"---another winner.
 Our family and friends now could phone our Turkish mobiles from a UK landline for 2 and 1/2 p per minute using Best Minutes. It has also meant we can keep in touch with our daughter who is currently in Calis.
You're a star Mark-----Cheers
Brian

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 20:11:10 PM »
What us best minutes?  Sounds good

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 20:16:23 PM »
To get a landline, you'll either need to have a residents visa yourself, or have a good trusting friend that has & is prepared to put your phone in their name

Offline Brianbern

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2012, 20:47:30 PM »
Hi Anne
You go online to get the number ( from the UK just dial 08443206060 ) Listen to the instructions and price details (Turkey is 2.5p per min)---then dial 0090 followed by the Turkish Mobile number and hash key to complete.
Remember to leave out the first zero of the Turkish Mobile No.
We found it really useful as we don't have a landline in Turkey. We were most impressed with the clarity of the call quality.
There may be other providers of affordable telephone links---This is the only one I've tried.
If it proves useful you can thank Mark.

Brian

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2012, 21:31:46 PM »
I use best minutes also but you need to be aware there is a 16p connection charge which is charged for the first part of the call (before you dial the mobile no.) which in itself added to a call is not too bad but I tried about 20 times to get through to my wife after the recent earthquake and was charged 16p each time.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2012, 21:58:52 PM »
Thanks for the info

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2012, 08:47:12 AM »
I use best minutes also but you need to be aware there is a 16p connection charge which is charged for the first part of the call (before you dial the mobile no.) which in itself added to a call is not too bad but I tried about 20 times to get through to my wife after the recent earthquake and was charged 16p each time.
We have used www.bestminutes.co.uk for a couple of years, from a BT UK landline there is a 5p connection charge, unless like my family have free evening and weekend calls then there is no connection charge. Other companies have different rates.
Mark

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf