Author Topic: Dental Implants  (Read 9799 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Dental Implants
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2012, 20:36:36 PM »
It's just blackmail by British Dentists because they don't want you to get the work abroad.  A friend of ours had the same problem.  She was going to come to Turkey, but her Dentist told her he would not help if there was a problem.  She paid £4,000 for four implants from her Dentist in Aberdeen and guess what, she has had endless problems with them, and paid out with each visit.
We would not dream of telling a U.K. Dentist we were going to have work done in Turkey.  We have had lots of Dental treatment from Cagatay and never had a problem.  I have to say the treatment in Turkey is so superior to the treatment in the U.K.  We have total confidence in him.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2012, 21:26:23 PM »
Cagatay Aras amazing dentist, I found the same problem Jacqui has mentioned, dont tell your UK dentist as all I was greeted with each time I said I had been to the dentist in Turkey I was told "that does not count" that is Turkey. like it was a filthy dirty practice I had visited not a state of the art equipment great dentist and spotlessly clean surgery  :)

Offline Stargazer

• Newly Registered
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2012, 22:14:19 PM »
Am I the only person that was unhappy with this so popular dentist treating my teeth and leaving me with a problem that needed treating back in the Uk by a periodontist. It upsets me to read these comments because he caused a problem after doing a root canal treatment and then couldn't rectify it. 3yrs on , I still have to have regular checks with the periodontist and this sort of work does not come cheap.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2012, 23:08:15 PM »
We found Cagatay about 6 years ago, recommended by a lady who lived in Calis.  My husband had terrible toothache. He rang Cagatay at 7.00pm in the evening and Catagay called him back and arranged an appointment the next morning.
My husband  had no pain in the tooth previously, but it had a filling.  He was told by his Dentist in Scotland that the tooth would have to come out, it could not be saved, and he, the Dentist would put an inplant in for £1,800. My husband told the U.K. Dentist he would just leave it and give it some thought.
So, when he got toothache he went to Cagatay, who said he could save the tooth and gave my husband a root canal.  We claimed for the treatment on our Travel Insurance.  That was 6 years ago, and my husband is still happy with the work done.  Good job he did not listen to the Dentist in Scotland...

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2012, 23:37:12 PM »
A spookily similar story from me - I had a tooth crack in half (nice cake Steph!) but all still in place - and locally the dentist quoted £1800 for a crown. He said it would normally be £2300 but he would be supervised for training purposes - a bargain for me at £500 off! I contacted Cagatay to ask for advice as I was coming out to Turkey a couple of months later. His advice was to try and hold things if possible till I got there, which I did.

When I got there he told me he wanted to try something "that might work" - and something that certainly wasn't an option in the UK. I have ultimate faith in the guy and of course agreed. Two years on, I guess I have to say it worked.

£2300? £1800?...No, significantly less than £500.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2012, 00:24:50 AM »
I and my wife have had lots of work done by Cagatay and can not fault his work or his surgery. ;D

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2012, 01:00:59 AM »
I had £7,000's worth of implant work carried out by a dentist in Bolton. The guy who carried out the work travels the world training dentists to carry out these implants which originate from German technology. Nobody is going to tell me that Catagay is better than him. It's the best 7 grand I've ever spent and I've recently spent another £750 for a spare set of palateless dentures to fit my implants. After all somebody might smack me in the gob and break them. If I'd had them done in Turkey and then took a problem to my UK dentist I'd expect him to tell me to FO back to Turkey.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2012, 07:48:32 AM »
What are you on about Desmartinson???????? Duh, you've lost me there!!!! My point was, I feared having to make repeat journeys to Hungary (or wherever I might have it it done)  which I wouldn't have been able to afford a series of return visits, combined with my dentist in my home town stating he wouldn't monitor or treat any work I'd get done abroad. Nothing to do wth patriotism FGS!!!  And for the record, I'm happy with the quality of the work I had done here. Read again, nobody's dissing Cagatay

I apologize Toky, i read it the wrong way, no intent to upset you.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2012, 10:11:08 AM »
After all somebody might smack me in the gob and break them.

I think it's great that you have such a positive outlook on life.  : :)

Offline johntaylor49

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2012, 10:42:51 AM »
John, If you put this into the search box you will find lots of information.  Cagatay was telling us he has a Surgeon who comes up from Istanbul each week to help him out with the implants. Apparently, lots of British people are getting them done.  We did speak to a guy at the Surgery who had them done and we was delighted, as he had got rid of his dentures after a long period of time.
If you email Cagatay I am sure he will give you details. Think you need to find out the time it takes and book it in advance.
Thank you so much Jacqui as you have also answered a question for me that you can still have implants even though you may have had dentures, I have a small top denture and would be delighted to
 get rid of it!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf