Author Topic: Paralympics London 2012  (Read 1540 times)

Offline valleyboy

Paralympics London 2012
« on: September 10, 2012, 10:12:19 AM »
At the end of the games, just a big "Well Done" to all the Athletes who have amazed us with their performances, humbled us with their dignity and positivity, and have truly "Inspired a Generation" !!   :)  :)

Dis    ABILITY

How did you enjoy it ??  :)

Offline Marggie

Re: Paralympics London 2012
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 12:09:53 PM »
I second everything you say - was just wonderful

Offline Lotty

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 12:24:07 PM »
I loved it and am already suffering withdrawal symptoms. I've never felt more proud of our country or more humbled by all the amazing athletes who have taken part and kept us mesmerised and uplifted by their supreme, sometimes unbelievable efforts. I loved the open affection and support they had for one another from whichever country in the paralympics. Pure joy! Long may this euphoria continue.  Ooh I'll have to have a lie down now.

Offline DANKY

• Never red
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 12:05:48 PM »
I worked every day at Stratford international station during the Paralympics which is right next to the athletes village and 2 minutes from the Olympic  park,  i got drunk on atmosphere every night as it was like one big  carnival, there was not one bit of trouble through out  even though we had thousands of people going on the high speed Javelin services every day and for me, i learnt so much from people who,s  DISABILITY  never stopped them from achieving  what they wanted out of life, and that was to compete not just with sport but with life as well  and to do this  daily  to the very best of there ability, this applied to the athletes and the public,
I for one will think twice about complaining that my back hurts and therefore cant  do certain things because these people taught me that just because i cant run the 100 meters in under ten seconds for example i should be proud that if i push my self to the limit and take part and it takes me 1 hour then i should be proud that i managed to complete the race buy giving 100% and if next time i can push my self that bit more to do it in 59 minutes then  i will have achieved a personal best, thank you all so much not only can i say it made me proud to be British but it made me realize really just what a lucky lucky man i am   :)

Offline patrice

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 12:34:01 PM »
Enjoyed reading your post Danky .
I too was fascinated by the whole event and oh.... so proud of those who participated including the volunteers

Offline valleyboy

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 12:47:23 PM »
Great reply Danky !, so true, I think these amazing people have changed a lot of people's perceptions about disability and are a true inspiration to everyone !.

And a great big thanks also to all the volunteers/game's makers who did a tremendous job !   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf