Author Topic: Out of town centre bank branches  (Read 1614 times)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Out of town centre bank branches
« on: November 06, 2012, 12:49:26 PM »
Like many on CBF we set up our accounts at town centre branches some years back, when there wasn't any alternatives anyway!  However, bank branches are now opening up out of the centre (well a little way out anyway  ;)).  So we've been wondering about using these other branches when we need to.  So hopefully avoiding town centre bank queues and indeed parking.  Our only requirement is access to an english speaker in the branch to help us.

Has this use of out of town centre branches worked for others, or are the queues the same, and perhaps another set of problems that you don't encounter in town centre branches?

Offline davybill

Re: Out of town centre bank branches
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 13:01:51 PM »
I tried to draw cash from a different finance bank, away from the centre with just my bank book,
they told me i needed my passport, as i hadnt set up my account there,
bit of bug realy because i never had it on me,
so had to go into fethiye.

Offline teetee

• Travel broadens your mind......and your waist!
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 16:22:18 PM »
In my experience you can pay money in  and get certain advice but it depends the way the wind blows or they tell you to go to the branch that holds your account!! I have paid money in to an account in a branch other than were mine is held and sometimes that want to see my passport sometimes not even though they have an electronic copy anyway...........sorry not of much help.

Offline Jim Fraser

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 17:13:21 PM »
I use the Finans Lykia branch on the 22 meter road rather than the main branch, so far have not required any proof of identity, and have managed to do various transactions, money in/out, set up direct debits etc - strangely enough I have been asked for my passport at the main branch - sorry not on me, what about a driving licence, sorry not on me - OK no problem here is the money you asked for, as tee tee says depends the way the wind blows.

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 17:24:00 PM »
I always go to a different Garanti branch from where I have the account and have never had a problem.
Queues are a major problem though in Garanti banks so I try not to visit too often lol

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf