Author Topic: Insurance another option  (Read 4111 times)

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Insurance another option
« on: November 12, 2012, 16:54:16 PM »
We have a Nationwide Flexi account which gives free Europe Insurance (If you pay in a minimum of £750 per month). The maimum lenth of any trip is 31 days. There are various options to upgrade the package. I spoke to the company rep today. For a payment of £220 The 31 days can be extended to 180 days in any 365 days, he explained this can be taken as any number of holidays in the year to the maximum of 180 days. if a claim is made then they will need to check your passport for proof. details on there site, may be a good option if you are based in the Uk and come to Turkey a few times a year.
Mark

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Insurance another option
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 17:20:03 PM »
Might to be worthwhile checking that they would definitely entertain a claim for anything happening in Anatolian Turkey. You know what insurance companies are like for wriggling and, as only the part of Turkey that's west of the Bosphorus is in Europe, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they used that as an excuse not to pay out.

Offline ovacik2

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 21:26:16 PM »
One company that may be worth a check for Annual Travel Insurance. As always make sure the policy is suitable for you.  :)

LV.com

Ours was taken out in August 2012.

Ages 68 and 65. One with three pre-existing including Diabetes type 2. All well controlled. 90 day, Europe including all Turkey. £145.00 in Total for two. 8)

Offline Jim Fraser

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 22:24:06 PM »
Many banks offer similar insurances, but along with KKOB's warning - check out their holiday maximum duration periods and also what age groups they cover. We used the LloydsTSB one for years and it was well worth the very small charge.

Offline phil5257

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 09:34:58 AM »
I have Nationwide Account and had an accident whist in Turkey and used the insurance for the hospital treatment - I had no problems at all in fact they were really efficient. The only thing they did check up on was the length of my holiday to ensure it was within the 31 day limit.

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 11:39:07 AM »
The length of stay was the reason I called them 31 days was no good to me the 180 days can be taken in holiday or any number of small holidays, he told me it is in the contract he is sending..
mark

Offline reganjayne

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2012, 15:15:32 PM »
We have used Nat West Advantage Gold for many years they not only have travel insurance, they also have phone insurance & breakdown cover on the same account for £12.95 a month, you dont have to let them know when you go away because it is already up and running with your account. back in 2006 i broke my ankle and had to stay in the Esnaf for 3 days, the insurance paid for a private room, all my medical treatment and also arranged with the airline we were flying home with 4 free seats so that my leg could be elevated all the way home to Britain, we were also collected from the plane by security and transfered through customs. 1st class treatment all the way. 8)

Offline WendyA

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2013, 15:55:14 PM »
I have the same 31 days 'free'cover with Halifax, but am coming out to Calis for 5 weeks shortly.  I am covered for other holidays I am/will be taking, so don't feel I need to take out anything other than to cover this stay.  (I used to have an annual 'Worldwide' Travel insurance which covered me for only £80 for the whole year, so I rather resent paying the £56 additional amount they are suggesting for my 'extra' week.  Maybe this is realistic these days - I haven't yet looked into it, but obviously £56 is nothing if you need to call upon its cover!!

Just wondered if anyone had come up with a cheap option to add to their 31 days, before I start looking at other options?  ( ithink part of the problem is you are no longer covered if it is over 31 days, so you have to start looking at the whole period.)

Thanks for any advice....

Offline WendyA

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2013, 16:32:51 PM »
If its of interest, I've just answered my own question!!

I have just taken out a policy with 'Cover for You'.  I have 5 weeks cover, with £100 excess, covering £15 million medical, £1250 baggage, £1500 cancellation - for only £35.  I think I shall be ok with my bank insurance for the rest of the year, so seems pretty good value.

Anyone know if this company like loopholes - pay up?!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf