Author Topic: Great Customer Service???????????  (Read 5513 times)

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Great Customer Service???????????
« on: January 30, 2013, 18:03:28 PM »
We have our sitesi account at ING bank & have had for about 6 years now. I called by today to get the book updated, something I regularly have done. There were 3 cashiers on duty in the main banking hall &, as soon as I had taken a ticket, my number came up. After about 5 mins conflab between 2 of the cashiers & the head cashier, I was told there was a new policy, viz a viz non personal accounts, & I would have to go to the upstairs cashier, only problem was, they hadn't got an upstairs cashier today & won't have until next week.

It's crazy, had the bank been busy & / or it would have taken a huge amount of time, I could have understood it, but in the time they had their little chat & explained to me what was going on, the job could have been done. Frankly, if it wasn't for the hassle of informing all the owners, I'd move the blooming account to a different bank

Offline jackstee

Re: Great Customer Service???????????
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 18:27:55 PM »
There is no cashier upstaires anymore and the office has gone

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 19:11:13 PM »
So why did they tell me to come back next week & go to the upstairs cashier?????????? It just makes it even worse

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Great Customer Service???????????
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 19:18:34 PM »
Liz, we got absolutely fed up with the crap customer service at ING. the so called " customer service advisors" on the first floor were a joke. They would see you come in and take a seat, never an acknowledgement and then happily deal with every Tom, Dick & Harry who jumped the queue. We moved last month.

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 19:24:38 PM »
ING seems to have gone down the pan since Alper left. I went in just after xmas to change the phone number for internet access to my account. Told to go upstairs, fair enough the young lady there did the job, or so I thought, she was obviously keen to go for her lunch and said I would get a text message with a new PIN number. Well I didn't and when I phoned the customer service centre I still couldn't get one because the phone number had been registered incorrectly, so now I'm locked out of my internet access until I can find the time/inclination to go into the branch again.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 19:26:57 PM »
My husband tried to call them from the U.K. last week and he spent 30 minutes going around in circles. He was told to press a button to speak to someone in English and each time he pressed he went back to the start again. Eventually, he gave up.
We will not put up with bad service so may change over when we come out this year.  Any recommendations for Banks with an English speaker? and good service ???

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 19:43:06 PM »
Well Jacqui, Alper is now at Garanti. Finans have a couple of English speaking staff, Şekerbank have one guy on the counter who speaks English. We've been with TEB up by the Otogar for years but don't go in very often and have no idea who our customer service persons is now, the staff have changed so often. The branch in town does have English speakers as well.

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 19:45:29 PM »
Sorry for the back to back post - maybe we could start a "recommended bank" thread along with details of who to speak to at each branch.

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2013, 20:02:23 PM »
We are with Garanti who have english speaking staff but I wouldn't recommend them. I have waited up to 2 hours to be seen! Even just to pay in money.

Offline Dizzy Jan

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2013, 21:18:53 PM »
I will always recommend Finans Bank have at least Four good English speakers including the manager which is a great help. Have been with them since I have been out here, the girls greet us like long lost friend have always got good service. Nothing is to much trouble even if it does go into their dinner hour. What they start they finish even if it does go over their lunch break.
I don't know if they are not always the top interest payer I feel that peace of mind and being able to ask questions and get good answers gives me more peace of mind than an extra 0.25% as all banks have to follow the governments directions and they are all going down because of this.
Finans Bank for me everytime.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf