Author Topic: REMOVED Wednesday's Special  (Read 5940 times)

Offline mikrik

Re: EDDY's PLACE Wednesday's Special
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2013, 14:04:09 PM »
Firstly I apologize for the delay in my answering your reply to my comments

Let me say that I am in no way condemning the Winehouse for their use of the forum in promoting themselves as any business would do given the same opportunity. There is no doubt that they support many good causes and have established themselves as a household name in Uzumlu as is regularly broadcast on this forum by themselves and several other prolific members including your own moderator Tinkerman.

As for what I think of your answer.

I think that the first part is inaccurate in that according to your records the Wine house registered with the forum at 23.48 hrs on July 19th 2009 and their 1st posting was some 7 hours later on the 20th July introducing themselves as the new owners and advertising their opening party and new menu. This was subsequently promoted by several members posts including one of my own.
Eddie actually waited for over 24 hours before advertising.

Secondly, Eddie has always been available to help the members of this community when he could and at a time when burglaries were rife in this community he spent countless hours acting as an unpaid translator for people who were reporting crimes to the Jandarma. Recently he willingly helped a friend of mine who had been involved in a road traffic accident to complete the paperwork required by the traffic Jandarma. He simply doesn't broadcast these thing on the Forum.

Thirdly, Eddie will provide facilities for local events if asked and will no doubt make a profit from so doing. I noticed recently that the local Ladies group were commented on regarding their holding a Quiz at Eddies in January by a member who subsequently withdrew his post in the interests of seasonal goodwill. I assume that his posting wasn't in support of the event.

Lastly on a technicality but since an additional post was made to put the point. From the 17th Dec to the 3rd of Feb isn't three months as stated, nor even two.

Offline moonfleet

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2013, 14:31:54 PM »
Advertise on Facebook ! You won't get any hassle there.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2013, 14:58:58 PM »
Could that be because facebook doesn't have the following rule

Business Promotion As Exclusive Contribution

Easy one this - if you don't contribute to CBF other than to promote a business, your posts will be removed.

Members who help, contribute and become part of our community may well get away with the occassional plug, but no promises!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2013, 15:19:36 PM »
Advertise on Facebook ! You won't get any hassle there.

Good idea. For the record the advertisements had not been removed and very little hassle given. There will be even less hassle when she posts the next one, because it will be removed. If she wants to join in the community (meaning community = CBF not community = Uzumlu) then we tend to let the occasional plug slip through.

Mikrik - you seem to be talking about Eddie. I am talking about the new member who joined (by her own admission) to advertise. It will not be allowed. Facebook is a far better suggestion. She can bump it to the top every 30 minutes there too, it's great.

To prevent further "hassle", I will remove both adverts as I'd hate for anyone to feel hassled here.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: REMOVED Wednesday's Special
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2013, 15:26:03 PM »
And all these free adverts from someone who supplied their real name as "Apple and Cream". This whole episode is wrong on so many levels. Sorry, but it isn't happening anymore.

Topic locked.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf