Author Topic: ING internet banking  (Read 3055 times)

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
ING internet banking
« on: March 29, 2013, 20:50:55 PM »
I have an ING Orange account and have been trying to do an online transfer to Finansbank.

it keeps saying the iban number is wrong, but have checked and double checked, and even tried a different account.
computer says no whatever I do

anyone else had this problem? I really need to get this done asap!

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Re: ING internet banking
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 21:39:24 PM »
just phoned them and they maintain in Turkey you cant transfer money to another bank out of banking hours!

Offline Mazza09

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 22:02:20 PM »
Hi, we have a few accounts with ING which we set up whilst there for a week but explained we needed internet banking to then transfer money and pay our direct debits there. They told us it was easy and showed us how to do it on their computer. All we needed was our passwords which would be emailed to us. We never received these and yet we do get their 'junk'emails. We have emailed various people at ING in Fethiye to re-request them and never got any replies so we are still unable to access our accounts. The year before we opened HSBC accounts, did have passwords but they never worked. It does seem to be a problem trying to do internet banking from here when the account is a Turkish one, no matter what bank it is.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
ING internet banking
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 22:33:33 PM »
Nightmare! I'm trying from Turkey though.

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 02:27:00 AM »
We had same problem last year - got really frustrated - saw the message about "out of hours" - tried the next morning at 10am and it went through fine - just another Turkish oddity :-)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 07:04:47 AM by Ian »

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
ING internet banking
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 07:44:58 AM »
I really needed to get the money transferred before going to the UK, tonight!
Looks like it will be impossible though.
Such a strange system.
He said its all Turkish banks, but I moved some money between Finansbank accounts last night, no problem, but maybe it worked as it wasnt going between different banks.

If I put my Turkish sim in my phone will I be able to receive the PIN number in the UK and try again on Monday?

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
ING internet banking
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2013, 07:46:12 AM »
It would have been more helpful if instead of saying IBAN isn't recognised if it had said 'sorry you can't do this on a Friday evening!'

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2013, 07:56:37 AM »
You cannot make internet transfers to any other bank from any Turkish bank out of hours. I have always had problems using an IBAN number even when correct and always use the account number and tick the box about accepting IBAN is not used.

If the account the money is going to is in already saved in your account system you may be able to do it from an ATM machine; might be worth a try. Or if this fails phone banking may be the answer. You can probably do that today as the customer service operates over the weekend I believe.

You should be able to receive the pin number on your phone in the UK but I have never done a transfer from there; I am sure some one else has!

Good luck and have a good time in the UK.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
ING internet banking
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2013, 08:07:25 AM »
I knew you would know Nichola! So very nearly rang you last night.
As its an Orange account I don't have an ATM card.

I don't have telephone banking set up, I did ask him last night if I could do it over the phone, but he was Internet support, so might see if I can do over the phone on a different number.
Thank you, will be in to see you when I get back x

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2013, 08:11:52 AM »
We have added a UK phone number to our options so we have 2 listed - I seem to remember you can add additional numbers at the atm - so we always receive the pin on the UK phone when in the UK and it works fine - hope you get it sorted out.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf