Author Topic: WARNING - Yet Another Reason Not to Choose ING Bank  (Read 5828 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
WARNING - Yet Another Reason Not to Choose ING Bank
« on: April 06, 2013, 08:53:56 AM »
As if the lack of service, shouting at British customers and hanging up on them when it is easier than helping isn't enough - please accept a further warning about ING Bank.

Two separate and unrelated people have used their ING card to take money from ATMs and received an on screen message telling them the cash cannot be issued and to contact their bank branch. On checking statements the money has been debited from their accounts in full and ING have done nothing to rectify this - or even noticed they have charged for money that they refused to give.

I do not deal in rumours, this is happening.

For people with ING accounts - check your statements very carefully

For people looking for a bank in Turkey - be very careful when considering ING Bank

The issue has been brought to the attention of ING in Fethiye - I will be informed of their response/action and will report it here. At this stage however it would appear that if you are not on top of your statements, you would have lost the money they said you couldn't have, and didn't get.

***Please share this on Facebook for all ING users in Fethiye to at least check their statements - use the Facebook 'f' share below, thanks***

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Re: WARNING - Yet Another Reason Not to Choose ING Bank
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 10:10:49 AM »
I got the same message on 18th March using the atm at the branch the security guard came out and tried it with me 3 times it gave me 100tl twice but would not let me take 300tl, he went with me upstairs she checked our card said there was a problem with atm.
I did check my account the day after and all was ok I have just checked again mine is ok. I will keep a closer check in future.
Mark

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 10:35:50 AM »
Checked mine today and everything is OK - will be emptying the small amount I have in there in the next month or so due to low interest rate, poor customer service and long waits in branch :(

Offline Dizzy Jan

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 15:15:35 PM »
They also have a problem with the atm at Kipa Calis. I used my English bank card in there it gave me a recepit, plus my card, back but no money. Reported it to kipa who sent me to their bank. On visiting the bank the English speaking lady told me they would investigate and contact me. I heard nothing so the following week I went in to see her again she said that they would not pay me in cash but would return the money to my account.  3 weeks later and I am still waiting, so another visit with a printout of my bank account statement is coming again next week. I just wonder if they will refund me for all the trips to the bank plus the money I was charged for an overseas withdrawal I think not. But I want my money back and will not give up until i get it.

Offline jackstee

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2013, 15:39:09 PM »
Just have to say that I have had no hastle at all with the people on the desk. Always polite. How ever I do know that they sometimes get told, on a daily bases, to check every 5th (or so) customers ID. They do apologise when they do this as they often know the customers. I have heard som customers get very angry about this. Personally I always carry ID.
FYI The bank is moveing in about three months. Down to the high street into one of the empty banks before the HSBC

Offline jackstee

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2013, 15:41:43 PM »
Sorry I forgot to mention.
I have had cash go missing from my ATM account. Upon investigation, it took 5 mns, I found that as I had not made the minimum payment on my credit card that month, then they clear it from your ATM account until it's fully paid off. You then have the credit card with it's full balance to use again. Not taken just moved.

Offline col

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2013, 12:41:34 PM »
When I return to Fethiye this May I shall also close my ING account.  The main reason being where my apt now is, there is no branch. Saying that, if I was still in fethiye, I would close it. In more than a year of constant e mails, new ID numbers, passwords etc, I have not been able to access my account online, and compared to customer services at Finans bank, ING are simply not up to their job, in my experience.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2013, 12:46:32 PM »
We are going to close our account too and move to another Bank, it's difficult to know just where to move to as most of these Banks in Fethiye don't seem to get good press.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2013, 12:54:22 PM »
In fairness I would say that Finans have always been consistent, I've never had any problems with them and most of the people who bought a property through me opened their account there too and I don't recall any of them having any account problems.

I also found Alper to be the best asset of any bank, sadly he's moved on twice leaving the British customers with a far tougher bank to deal with, without him there (no criticism of Alper though, he has bills to pay and food needed for his table).

My choice if I was to be looking at opening a bank account in Fethiye today would probably be to go to Alper at Garanti, and hope he stays there   :)

Offline quackers

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2013, 06:13:15 AM »
We have been wıth Fınans for 6 years and never had a problem. All D/D's paıd on tıme and we are ınformed that they are beıng paıd by text and message on the ınternet bankıng system. The Internet Bankıng sıte ıs excellant and easy to use.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf