Author Topic: WARNING - Yet Another Reason Not to Choose ING Bank  (Read 5826 times)

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Re: WARNING - Yet Another Reason Not to Choose ING Bank
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2013, 07:35:41 AM »
I never once managed to get a DD paid from my ING bank account, resulting in my electricity being cut off more than once, everytime I asked the reply was "Problem " - end of conversation! My reply was good bye ING -hello Finans

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
WARNING - Yet Another Reason Not to Choose ING Bank
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2013, 08:32:26 AM »
I'm going to close mine after the fiasco trying to transfer some money online.
The problem was in fact that you can't transfer money between banks after banking hours, but the translation was something along the lines of your time for this account is passed!
Spent hours trying different iban numbers and phoning them.
Lost all my free phone minutes in the process as held in a queue so long.

Never had any big problems with Finansbank, a couple of weeks ago I was there til 6.45 pm with Gulsah opening a pension account,sharing a nutty bar, being offered tea and her colleague asked if I would like some of her lentil kofte and salad!
I didnt even have a named contact in the UK and no one knew me by sight.

Even when Alper was at Ing I thought the customer service was awful, had to wait ages. And I was not impressed when they charged me back payments for using an account I'd opened 5 months previously but never used. The first time I used it I was charged 5 months bank fees and all I'd done was use my cashpoint card. The interest on the Orange account isn't very competitive now either,

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2013, 18:58:01 PM »
This occurred over a week ago and details were sent to ING Bank in Fethiye for them to investigate and return the money. The bank has not replied in any way at all - ING Bank haven't even acknowledged receipt of the details.

They believe if they ignore it long enough people will give up and they can keep their money. They are very wrong.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2013, 19:25:38 PM »
My god, whats going on, 18 months ago on CBF people were joining ING and telling its the best bank ever, now there leaving like like rats from a sinking ship. :o

Offline keng38

• Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2013, 09:04:40 AM »
HSBC I have used and never had any issues.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2013, 10:54:13 AM »
ING Bank have informed their customer that they have no intention of contacting the bank who own ATM. They have told the customer to do this. In fact, ING plan to do nothing at all to investigate this.

What is also perfectly clear is that had the customer not alerted ING Bank that the money had been taken in error, ING Bank would never have mentioned it to them. That in itself is very concerning - ING have taken the money from their customer's account but the money will not be taken from ING by the ATM owner/operator as no money was issued. Nice little earner.

Offline quackers

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2013, 14:56:26 PM »
The Garantı bank matık at Çalış dıd the same to us last year so we went straıght to the bank fearıng the worst and there was no problem. The assıstant looked up the ATM on her computer and agreed ıt had faıled to pay out and cancelled the transactıon on our behalf. I checked the next day on our Natıonwıde account and there was no transactıon.

Offline joannasal

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2013, 15:43:16 PM »
I have been with ING for 5 + years with no complaints. I personally always dealt with Melek or Ozge until they moved (Melek relocated due to mariage, Ozge moved locally) but as excellent as they were, I would never move bank just because a member of staff I like has moved to a different one. My electricity bill is DD as is my vehicle tax - always paid on time and never a problem.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2013, 16:13:08 PM »
Who moved bank because a member of staff they liked moved? This topic is nothing to do with anything like that.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2013, 20:48:52 PM »
Is it worth sending them an E-mail register of disgust from members of the Forum.? I don't know if it's feasible but it might make a few people sit up.People Power.!! just a thought.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf