Author Topic: Sarnic Boutique Restaurant Kaya Koy - A Wonderful Experience  (Read 10751 times)

Offline Sleuth

Re: Sarnic Boutique Restaurant Kaya Koy - A Wonderful Experience
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2013, 16:37:43 PM »
Well I hope its a new manager... we went two years ago and got attacked by a swarm of wasps in their tree ... we couldnt even eat our starters... then they moved us to a nearby table .. we continued with our main courses.. again the wasps swarmed around our plates etc at least a dozen wasps at any given time....... we looked over at the manager  and he was stood there with one of the waiters smirking and smiling at our predicament....  I  realised that they couldnt help the swarm of wasps spoiling our evening... but to see him and the waiter totally amused and  smirking and smiling at our attempts to disperse the wasps ......well that did it for me/ us,  as our` special`  evening that night was totally ruined !!!  We vented our feelings out on him in a polite quiet way so as not to upset other diners.... He didnt charge us for the main courses ( which as well as our starters was ruined )  he only charged us for the bottle of wine... which was consumed during all of this.... but worst of all. our evening was over early and ruined, we asked the manager to please organise  our lift back straight away as we were so disappointed ( they picked us up at 7.30pm   it was now 8.45pm  )  he refused !!  and said " you will have to wait until others are leaving later "   its a ten minute car drive to our apartment... I  cannot repeat on here the words I  then said to him !!!!   we left and got the dolmus back to Hisaronu.
ok  ... a one off experience... but it wasnt so much the wasps.. it was his attitude !!!   as a manager he was disgusting... we should have walked out without paying in hindsight ....shame as its a lovely setting with chilled music.. but it seemed we were his `entertainment` that night...  so enjoy the sarnic .. but if the wasps return and pick on you...... well  .. be warned :-)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2013, 17:59:00 PM »
It won't be the first time someone got stung in a restaurant  ;)

Birol from Sun Camp is running it and wasn't two years ago so I guess that means a change in management. Birol would never laugh at someone getting hassled by wasps :(

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2013, 18:10:21 PM »
It changed hands last year.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 21:52:11 PM by KKOB »

Offline scorcher

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2013, 18:15:48 PM »
Playing a blinder then ?

Offline SuzzPuss

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2013, 21:04:59 PM »
I changed hands last year.

Did you indeed? 

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2013, 21:46:15 PM »
nice one keith     ;)      great news  its  under  new management   :D   we will certainly return now hearing this news...and  I will make sure my wife wears a different colured outfit.... could have been the colours the wasps were attracted to  ?   :)

Offline scorcher

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2013, 22:37:57 PM »
Harlequin outfit ?

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2013, 04:52:34 AM »
  :) 

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2013, 21:47:50 PM »
Are children welcome? and if so, would you know if they offer a childrens menu there? I love to go anywhere that plays live traditional music, the turkish ballad/classical and mediterranean/spanish flamenco sounds lovely. Defo on my list for this July / August.  I have been of a daytime, and it is truly beautiful and rustic.

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2013, 17:39:01 PM »
sue mac we have been for lunch today the menu is limited which I like, the food excellent, very well presented, there is no lunchtime snack menu, but salads etc. very reasonable and there is a kids menu.
We did ring to book for last Monday  but the music nights start next week, will certainly give it a try at night. before anyone asks the Efes is 8tl ;D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf