Author Topic: Look out for the bump  (Read 2611 times)

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
Look out for the bump
« on: July 14, 2013, 10:47:57 AM »
The rudeness on the London Underground never ceases to amaze me,selfish people ,mostly guys who do not give up their seat for an expectant mother.twice recently my work buddy has seen two woman one wearing a ' baby on board' badge standing next to a guy seated,he stated both looked at least eight months pregnant. Apparently you cannot transport animals in temperatures above 30 degrees and its well above that at the moment    >:(.   
                                                   Rant over

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Look out for the bump
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 11:37:33 AM »
WTF are they wearing 'Baby On Board' badges for if they're at least 8 months gone ?!? More emotional bloody incontinence!

Oh, and does it mean that we all have to stop travelling because it's over 30 degrees ?

(Blue touch-paper well 'n truly lit  ;))

Offline jrichards1

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 11:40:55 AM »
They introduced the badges because in their defense, those who do not give up their seats to anyone said they were worried they would offend those women who are just fat.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 11:43:48 AM »
So, for sure, young men should have a badge that says "millions of babies on board" ? Innit.

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Look out for the bump
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 11:47:49 AM »
I look four months pregnant and nobody gets up for me.

I have to laugh about the hysteria going on in the UK because the sun has shone for a couple of days, one newspaper last week was predicting that "at least 25 people will die in the current heat wave"

Here it's mid thirties and millions of people aren't eating or even drinking water for 14 hours a day and everyone just gets on with it.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 11:52:41 AM »
So, for sure, young men should have a badge that says "millions of babies on board" ? Innit.
You missed 'Look' out KKOB  ;)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2013, 11:55:05 AM »
Look  ;), It'd be a boring ol' world without the tabloids to get us in a frenzy about one thing or another.

Here's another cracker you may have missed.

According to the Daily Mail we're about to be overrun by wolves from Europe.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2361758/The-wolfs-door-Killer-beasts-roaming-Western-Europe-time-100-years-sparking-fears-soon-arrive-Britain.html

Unless they've learnt how to build rafts to get across the Channel, I doubt we've got much to worry about.

Offline marina

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2013, 15:24:13 PM »
So, going back to badger's original post   :)  My youngest daughter lives in London so we go down quite often and travel frequently on trains/underground. It's always a pleasant surprise how often young men straight away give up their seats for me to sit down if there's none free.  Now I'm no spring chicken but at 61 certainly not old  ???, look younger than my years (or so I'm told) and fit enough and capable enough of standing if I had to. 

There are some who have manners, or maybe they just feel sorry for me   :(  ;)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2013, 16:22:05 PM »
I wouldn't offer my seat to a woman because she was pregnant. I'd offer it because that's the right thing to do - being pregnant doesn't come into it. I hate to see young men sitting down while ladies stand.

Offline jrichards1

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2013, 16:27:59 PM »
I think the right thing to do is offer your seat to anyone you feel needs it more than you do. Male, female whomever.

You are a gentleman Scunner.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf