Author Topic: A week ın Uzumlu  (Read 5929 times)

Offline suehugh

A week ın Uzumlu
« on: July 25, 2013, 09:15:06 AM »
A whıle back I posted for suggestıons as to what one could do for a whole week ın Uzumlu. I was really not lookıng forward to ıt after 2 whole weeks ın Calıs
We are here now ın a rustıc vılla ın the heart of the vıllage. (Three days to go)
 Just eatıng ş chıllıng and occasıonaslly ımbıbıng.
Sue ıs as happy as a chıpmunk needle feltıng on the balcony. Im lookıng forward to waterıng the garden thıs afternoon .
Eaten ın both the wınehouse (Fantastıc courgette frıtters) and the Secret Garden (A must)
Saw a donkey tıed up outsıde the barbers yesterday. Thınk he jumped the queue.
All ın all  a greast place.
Congrats to you Uzumlıtes who are lucky to lıve her on a permanent basıs.
Hugh

Offline Mary Howarth

Re: A week ın Uzumlu
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 09:18:46 AM »
One of my favourite places in Turkey Hugh lovely friendly peaceful place a step back in time.

Offline scorcher

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 09:53:05 AM »
Nice one Hugh but what about the promised path weeding ? Please don't miss out on a visit to Ramazan's barber shop - a shave at the very least.

Offline suehugh

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 10:39:44 AM »
Nice one Hugh but what about the promised path weeding ? Please don't miss out on a visit to Ramazan's barber shop - a shave at the very least.
I did try to go to the barbers but there was usually something in the way.
the donkey, a herd of goats, the odd cockerel, the old lady on her quad bike, the young girl and another.er donkey loaded down with wood, the mysterious loom which started clacking as you passed, but was silent most of the time.
I did set off many times to weed your path. The multitude of byways tempted me to wander for hours through the village instead usually ending up lost.
Mmaybe next time.
saw some properties for sale also, and must admit the idea appeals. Particularly in the village.

Offline Menthol

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 18:08:28 PM »
Oh stop it, Hugh!

Here I am thinking I've got the location for buying my property sussed and then you paint a perfect picture of Uzumlu.

I love the tranquility and authenticity of the place but just feel it really is too far away from everything else ..... or is it?

Cheers, Hugh  >:(

Offline Honey Bee

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 09:49:39 AM »
Hi

It's so nice to come back from Sea side resorts to the quietness of the village.

Offline suehugh

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2013, 16:09:58 PM »
We have just returned from a further 11 days in Uzumlu and started the process of buying a property there.
I look forward to retiring there in a couple of years.
just imagine afternoons in the tea house whilst Sue is up the mountain collecting wood, and then back down again to prepare my dinner of course.
I bought some peaches and fresh figs from Tesco today and we sat down in the garden to enjoy, just as we had with our neighbours in Turkey on Saturday. It just wasn't the same taste.Or indeed the same price.
Uzumlu IS AN IYDLL, and we are looking forward to spending the next ten years there.
Either that , or wither away in Manchester.
Hugh

Offline Menthol

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2013, 17:00:51 PM »
We have just returned from a further 11 days in Uzumlu and started the process of buying a property there.
I look forward to retiring there in a couple of years.
just imagine afternoons in the tea house whilst Sue is up the mountain collecting wood, and then back down again to prepare my dinner of course.
I bought some peaches and fresh figs from Tesco today and we sat down in the garden to enjoy, just as we had with our neighbours in Turkey on Saturday. It just wasn't the same taste.Or indeed the same price.
Uzumlu IS AN IYDLL, and we are looking forward to spending the next ten years there.
Either that , or wither away in Manchester.
Hugh

Sounds heavenly ........  :angel:

Offline Rosy

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2013, 16:29:30 PM »
so glad you  like our wonderful Uzumlu, and that you founds lots or less to do and enjoyed it.

Offline P and J

• Newly Registered
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2013, 09:22:53 AM »
Just got back from Fethiye and went up to Uzumlu 3 times, absolutely outstanding. A place of beauty. I felt that I was in Shangri Li. Like everybody else, am now looking to retire there.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf