Author Topic: The Chaotic Queue System  (Read 4456 times)

Offline LeeGlo

Re: The Chaotic Queue System
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2013, 20:14:51 PM »
Think we've all been there at some time or other, that's why I try to do all our banking and bill paying online. When a personal visit is unavoidable I just know that my husbands patience will run out long before we reach the counter, the only consolation is at least it's cool in the bank.

Offline CLR

• Newly Registered
The Chaotic Queue System
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2013, 20:26:07 PM »
This is Mrs Rimms and I've got to say that today was so stressful, even our account advisor actually asked me, "Are you ok, you look really stressed". I wanted to scream, "Is it any wonder?" but I just gave the typically British response, "Oh no, I'm fine", although I admit it was through gritted teeth! I think that before we need to make any future visits to any bank in Fethiye I should consider taking a couple of Valium to calm me down as I can't guarantee that I'll be able to restrain myself the next time! At one point today I had the urge to put my foot out as a man who had just jumped the queue walked passed me on his way out of the bank!!! Don't think George would have been very happy with me but It would have made me feel soooo much better!

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2013, 20:48:00 PM »
Oh dear..I,m not very patient.slik is thank goodnes, but I think this sort of thing will stretch him to the limit. : :)

Well done to you both for keeping your patience  ;D

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
The Chaotic Queue System
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2013, 21:05:21 PM »
Omg! How I feel your pain. The only time I really had to deal with the Turkish banking system was during our property purchase in 2004. Setting accounts up was easy as we were taken upstairs to a personal banking advisor and the transaction was smooth and very little waiting. However withdrawing cash proved less straightforward  and included the terrible waiting that you have described. The ticket and queue system was farcical and the only saving grace during a 4 hour( at least) wait was the air con which was vicious! We were told that there are certain days that are worse than others and market days and Mondays are worse. A friend asked me to change an old 50 lira note for her , well I bought it from her and then hoped I'd be able to change it. I must admit I dreaded the banking process however it was a simple and very pleasant transaction in the government bank with me waving an old 50tl note and the security guard changing it for me. It kind of renewed my faith as I was suffering from post traumatic stress after my experience with Guaranti bank.

Offline tonysue

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2013, 21:26:20 PM »
I found a 50 lira note in the garden I had lost 6 months earlier, it was or I should say is in a bad condition but the number is perfectly legible. I must have taken that note to every bank in Fethiye and all have refused to change it.  :(

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2013, 21:38:51 PM »
You tell it so well George. Thanks I enjoyed reading your write up ;D

Offline mac2010

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2013, 07:56:16 AM »
Wow..  Try a new bank.  :o Never had this problem at the Finance Bank apart from someone trying to push in but maybe its just me but I am quick to stop them. >:(

Offline simpsons

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2013, 07:59:34 AM »
Reminds me of time I was in my bank, sorting some things out with my personal banker. As we sat there discussing things, an elderly  turkish woman suddenly sat down next to me and started discussing her business with the banker. The banker saw that I was annoyed, and must have told the woman to go and wait her turn, which the woman did, giving me a filthy look. When she left, the banker explained to me that the woman was a customer, and the bank looked after her business. I looked at the banker incredulously, and reminded the banker that I was also a customer and the bank looks after my money, and then pointed out that the woman was ignorant for barging in, when all the english customers were sitting quietly waiting their turn. It beggars belief.

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
The Chaotic Queue System
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2013, 23:03:26 PM »
I found a 50 lira note in the garden I had lost 6 months earlier, it was or I should say is in a bad condition but the number is perfectly legible. I must have taken that note to every bank in Fethiye and all have refused to change it.  :(
I took it to the government bank near the harbour that's where I was told to go and I didn't have a problem? Have you tried there?

Offline snowtop

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2013, 06:52:30 AM »
I have been with the government  bank (Ziraat) for 9years now and once I waited in the queue with other people, I was dragged out of the queue and was told not to bother with queues but to go to a specific desk in future.  I do this every  time now and  depending on what I need doing depends on whether or not I get a çay.   I do all of my bills by direct debit except SGK, (which i do online) and check they have been paid via internet banking.  if I get there for 0900hrs I am normally out within 30min.  This bank normally accepts ''problem'' cash when other banks say ''no chance''

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf