Author Topic: Garanti bank...  (Read 6872 times)

Offline Elsa Padfield

• Minehead, UK
Re: Garanti bank...
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2013, 22:54:27 PM »
I haven't tried emailing this way. I didn't know there was a name. I'll give it a go, thanks a lot.

Offline banker

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2013, 07:32:25 AM »
I ve emailed you Elsa this is something easy to sort  :)

Offline Elsa Padfield

• Minehead, UK
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2013, 18:13:19 PM »
Thank you everyone for your input.  As you log in, there is an option to contact someone to deal with your request. Problem is, they're only there to help with loans or mortgages so no help with my problem.  I did fax a request as instructed on Sunday and as of this evening, nothing has been done. I have sent a copy of the fax by 'snail mail' also. Is that going to help? Who knows? Getting frustrated with it all now. There's not that much in the account and by the time I've bought 2 flights and accommodation and food etc I'm out of pocket although we'll have a lovely time.

Offline miaspyro

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2013, 00:52:34 AM »
Hi, I have transfered money, get hold of Alper, then hand write your instructions, and sign.  then send as an attachment to your email.. worked well for me.  good luck xx

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2013, 10:35:08 AM »
Hi, I have transfered money, get hold of Alper, then hand write your instructions, and sign.  then send as an attachment to your email.. worked well for me.  good luck xx

This would only work if you had the ability / scanner to scan the handwritten document to your computer though.

Offline Elsa Padfield

• Minehead, UK
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2013, 13:17:14 PM »
Hi, yes done all that, faxed, emailed and now sent a copy of the fax via snail mail signed! Checked the account this morning and still nothing! You'd think it wasn't my money. Perhaps they're waiting till its the correct date which is next week? Dunno

Offline Elsa Padfield

• Minehead, UK
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2013, 12:30:10 PM »
 >:( just an update..... I received messages from the banker, followed the instructions by faxing....I downloaded an app, paid and sent a fax...twice. I followed this up by sending signed fax by 'snail mail'. Nothing!  I emailed head office, the expat dept. Still no reply. I've more or less emptied the current account using my ATM card here in the UK but still the other money sits in a timed interest account and I can't, even on the maturity date, move it and no one seems to respond to the emails or correspondence.  I've tried to phone this morning but can't get through on the numbers from the website.  So, if anyone else has any other thoughts please let me know. Thanks.

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2013, 13:58:29 PM »
I sent funds from my Garanti GBP account to a UK account last week using the Internet banking service. You can sell or buy foreign exchange on your Garanti account online. Can't you sell lira in the high interest account for pounds and then transfer those pounds to your UK account?

Offline tonysue

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2013, 14:19:23 PM »
Reading this post made me so mad. I have/had an account with garanti and they were a nightmare to deal with. The last time I was in the bank I waited 40 minutes with just 1 person ahead of me in the queue so when it was my turn I withdrew all my cash and went to ING bank. Just as bad, it took me 18 months to get at the money I deposited because they were sending pin numbers to the wrong phone number. I beg and pleaded with a certain forum member to check the number they were texting was correct as I was not receiving the pin, head office investigated and couldnt find a problem!! Eventually a young lady in ING asked was this my number and lo and behold it wasn,t !! So on to finans bank, no money in the account because I am still waiting for my pin to activate my debit card and internet account. Hubby has his so its not as if they wont activate the account without a deposit. Banks grrr!! great when you put your money in, not so if you want it out.

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2013, 14:52:54 PM »
I moved my money from Garant to the HSBC and find them great. I have waited 2 hours in a queue at Garanti more than once! Turks seem to take priority there.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf