Author Topic: Remote banking  (Read 1516 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Remote banking
« on: August 29, 2013, 14:01:25 PM »
It might or might not work in Turkey but I thought I would still post it in this section  :)

RBS sent me a message the other day to say that the app they have now lets me pay someone with just their mobile phone number (as long as they have a debit card) or they also have the app on their phone.

I just tried it with a friend and it worked fine. They got a message with the amount I sent, entered their card details and hey presto it happened.

The thing that really interests me though is that I can now take money out of a cash machine without having my card with me. All I do is complete the request on my phone and they send me a code to put into the machine and the money is dispensed. I can also do this for anyone who is caught short anywhere where there is a cash machine (I think it works abroad but will have to check). Basically I just message them with the one time code, they tap it in and the money will be paid out to them.

I love technology and will be trying this out. Could it be a way of getting cash out in Calis without compromising your card?

Has anyone else used this yet?

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Remote banking
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 14:27:37 PM »
It seems it can only be used with RBS, Nat West and Tesco cash machines at the moment. Hopefully it will rollout further before too long.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf