Author Topic: ING Again  (Read 4978 times)

Offline jackstee

ING Again
« on: October 08, 2013, 10:08:56 AM »
Ok,
Went down there yesterday at around 2 o'clock. Many Many people and only two on the desk.
After about two hours I got to the teller and was informed that I had to go upstairs to have my address confirmed. (not a happy bunny)
Upstairs another one hour wait and then was told that I had to go and bring the wife and variouse documents.
I told them that nothing had changed since we joined . I was shown the computer screen and our file was blank. No recorded data about either of us.
Several bits of conversation bandered about ( In Turkish) Computer crash has lost the data and another was a staff member had deliberatly delated data. The person mentiond was, noticable by her absence.
Have to go back again today and expect more hours waiting.

Not good.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Re: ING Again
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 10:15:40 AM »
Oh dear Jackstee that does not sound good at all, sounds rather worrying that someone has deliberately deleted data, I must admit back in the summer I went to deposit some money and the young lady seemed to be having a real hard job finding me on the computer, she did eventually hand me a piece of paper with my date of birth on and all seemed to be ok from them onwards, good luck today I hope you get everything sorted out in less time then yesterday's visit :(

Offline savoyboy

• Chiswick, London, UK
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 10:44:13 AM »
Looks like I'll have to pop in with all my papers next time I go in.

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 11:31:07 AM »
I think it's since they moved premises, we received a text on our mobile asking us to go and confirm our information. Went last Thursday morning, showed the text to the doorman and he sent us straight upstairs. The young lady up there wanted passports, proof of address (i.e. RP's or Tapu or rental contract) and our account cards. She told us it was for security purposes. As I always carry copies of passports and RP's we were all done and dusted in about 10 minutes, even got offered tea.

Offline teetee

• Travel broadens your mind......and your waist!
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 14:30:49 PM »
I though we had issues with banks in the UK but when I read things like this it makes me realize that I would blow a gasket if I were to live in Turkey for a long period of time  :( :(

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 20:05:53 PM »
If you have bank cards with all your details on, can you not give these in, they have account numbers and your personal details so, does this not help?

Offline happy_flyer

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2013, 20:09:11 PM »
Thank you for posting this today, good luck tomorrow and we may see you there , at least now we can go with correct paperwork.

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2013, 09:32:47 AM »
If you have bank cards with all your details on, can you not give these in, they have account numbers and your personal details so, does this not help?

I think the idea is for you to take documents to confirm that the details on their system and your account cards are correct and up to date. Course it could be that their system has lost em !!

Offline jackstee

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2013, 09:33:43 AM »
Went back in with the wife and it took another 90 mins before her details were confirmed.
Then another one hour downstairs to get the cash.

My wife had to fill in all the forms for starting an account even though we have had it for 5 years. Confirmed with one person who worked there that they "kind of" lost all data.
Also met around 8 people who had there cards taken by the ATM's. ( Had to translate for them) This was in Fethiye, Calis, Hissy, Overchick and all around.
Apparently it was because there details needed updating.

Offline savoyboy

• Chiswick, London, UK
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2013, 10:25:53 AM »
Not looking forward to our visit to bank.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf