Author Topic: ING Again  (Read 4979 times)

Offline LeeGlo

Re: ING Again
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2013, 15:37:51 PM »
We weren't asked to fill in any forms or sign anything, she just handed us our documents back and said OK everything is fine. But we only have an Orange Account, no current account or debit cards.

Offline happy_flyer

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2013, 23:30:55 PM »
Hi jackstee again yes it was me you were talking to in the bank yesterday upstairs, we managed to get sorted within 15 mins or so we thought, went downstairs to the tills at 25 to 1 and the lovely young lady ( i could name her but won't ) sorted us out with some money.
Then tonight at 19:15 my mobile starts ringing and a rather frantic girls voice from upstairs in the bank asking me to pop back tomorrow to sign my paperwork although there was not a single problem getting money.
Shame she didn't ring this afternoon as we were in town anyway sorting out the wifes new phone , so by this time tomorrow we will have been to town 3 times , twice to the bank.
All in the fun of living here i guess.

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2013, 13:03:31 PM »
Just for information, ING have also changed their website, if like me you had it in your bookmarks/favourites to open at the English log in page you will get a server not found message.

You just need to enter www.ingbank.com/tr/en  manually in your address bar first then re-save it, site looks much nicer but is still a pain to use.

Offline jsp51

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2013, 16:36:51 PM »
Just a word of warning about ING, I went in a couple of weeks ago waited about the usual 60/90 mins. When I got to the front I said I want to close my account (which had a considerable amount in) she just said ok, I asked how much to electronically transfer it she says I don't know until its gone. I said ok then can I have cash, she says yes when do you want it. I said well now would be good (save another 60/90 mins wait). She telephone somebody who after a while confirmed they had enough cash, she sent me to the room at the back where a very surly faced lady just had my cards printed them and gave me a big bag of money. No ID was asked from me at any point. Quite a worrying thing!! Beware.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2013, 17:20:09 PM »
Strange carry on this, a year ago on C B F people were talking as though  ING was the best thing since sliced bread. :o

Offline Menthol

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2013, 03:09:37 AM »
Yes and on the basis of that 'sliced bread' praise, we opened an Orange account with them about 4 weeks ago.

Have to say it did all seem a little haphazard and the staff seemed a little flustered at times. However, it is also occasionally like this at my Natwest bank in Sheffield .....

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2013, 03:38:53 AM »
Just a word of warning about ING, I went in a couple of weeks ago waited about the usual 60/90 mins.
You've got to be joking?  If my number didn't appear within 5mins (a bit longer if really busy) in Finans Bank then I'd be seriously upset.

Strange carry on this, a year ago on C B F people were talking as though  ING was the best thing since sliced bread. :o
Only some, not all. 

JF

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2013, 07:22:00 AM »
The ID thing worries me there. I drew some money out with my book recently and wasn't asked for any ID.
I rarely go in there so it couldn't have been because they recognise me.
Anyone could get hold of my book and draw the money out.

Offline Menthol

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2013, 17:03:37 PM »
I also opened an account with Finansbank the same week and I'm afraid I had to wait quite a while there too ......

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2013, 19:04:15 PM »
now you have an account with them Menthol, get yourself a visa debit card, and when you go into finnans put your card in the machine, and you will find you don't have to wait so long, as it will pick up your account number and put you forward before people that don't have one. I have been with them 5 years now and still find them the best. I M O.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf