Author Topic: ING Again  (Read 4980 times)

Offline scorcher

Re: ING Again
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2013, 20:08:20 PM »
I think that Des is right about Finans Bank. Good tip about the card into the machine as well. We often use the branch near the main Migros as it tends to be less busy. However, banking in Turkey does require a degree of patience as you are finding out Menthol .

Offline Menthol

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2013, 20:14:56 PM »
Cheers Des and Scorcher.

Here was me thinking 'oh it's this busy in the banks cos it's the height of the season' .......  :(

But will be in Fethiye very soon and will try and sort out debit cards. Should only take about 7 hours I reckon.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2013, 00:33:04 AM »
I reckon so much of this "oh I spent 3hrs in the bank yesterday doing this and doing that" is complete b0llox.  If you spend that much time getting seen then either you've got a sh1t bank or you're allowing yourself to be walked over. 

Way back in the bad old days, 10-15yrs ago, yes - it took hours to sort out the slightest little thing.  What did you pack before going to the bank, a book and a bottle of water!

If I need to go to the bank in person I reckon to be seen within 5mins or so - I do not go when I know its going to be busy such as Monday morning or Friday afternoon - if I need to wait much longer without good reason then I make damn sure someone knows I'm there and that I want served.  Swiping your debit card in the machine to get a number is a great leveler - you get your number and wait your turn.  If the folks prior to you are taking their time than you can see that, and adjust your expectations accordingly - but 60-90mins... no chance!

JF

Offline scorcher

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2013, 08:49:01 AM »
Sounds good but how do you tailor your master plan if there are equally important / impatient punters in the queue before you ?

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2013, 09:59:50 AM »
As I said, "sometimes you need to adjust your expectations".  Since the summer we keep nothing much more than the housekeeping in the local bank so I reckon I'd have to be classified as impatient rather than important    ;)

JF

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2013, 10:14:54 AM »
After reading about having to change details on your account,i emailed  girl Gizem at ING yesterday morning asking her what i had to do ,knowing it was sunday i thought i would get reply after the holiday yesterday afternoon i got a relpy ,go in today before 12.00 today or fill in two forms she had sent ,copy send back signed plus copy off passport and driving licence all done .

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf