Author Topic: Just curious  (Read 6477 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Just curious
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2013, 16:54:37 PM »
Definitely Fethiye is a place to live if shopping isn't your thing!

I also agree with Jacqui about the charities - you MUST have something to do. Charities is one great and rewarding way, or a hobby etc but slipping into the daily routine of Efes in hand is just way to easy, and I think difficult to get out of. We said last week, with the 10 years of CBF being around to help people and make them feel a little less worried, and making them smile or even laugh - it is also the 10th anniversary of some people out there with no purpose in life at all. Not people in their what do they say...Golden Years(?) enjoying the fruits of a good life's work - people out there aimlessly.

Ten years of doing nothing, contributing nothing, achieving nothing. What a waste of a decade :(

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2013, 17:11:27 PM »
I entirely agree with what Scunner's said. We avoided the "Efes For Breakfast Brigade" like the plague. They had nothing better to do than run down the Turks, the Turkish government, Brits, the British government, or each other whilst getting slowly pi55ed everyday.

It was one of the main reasons that we chose to live in Kaya.

Offline Harley

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2013, 17:26:34 PM »
Sad if you think about it. English slagging of the Turkish.... Begs the question WHY move to Turkey in the first place. Brits slagging off the Brits....  Pretty sad when you think of every other foreign communities who pride themselves to help each other through tough times.

Offline suecheshireuk

• Newly Registered
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2013, 17:31:56 PM »
A lot of detail. but all from a small number of people, be interested to see many more replies! Even so seeing what has come back I will look at my plan of renting my property here and renting in Turkey rather than buy anything.  With the huge differences in rent it would give me a very good income overall and I can keep my
equity that should continue to rise, hopefully!   :)

This is exactly  what we have done, and no doubt when we have been ground down to a point of losing the will to live, we can go back our UK home, without having the problem of trying to sell here in Turkey. xx

Offline Harley

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2013, 17:38:00 PM »

That's ideal for some, but like the ideal of living in my own villa.  I didn't buy to live there I purchase to relax in my our surrounding when we come on holiday. Have no reasons to sell.  However if you aren't quite sure what your future holds then renting is a brilliant idea

Offline Harley

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2013, 17:39:04 PM »
Guess I should proof read before I post. Bloody ipad lol

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2013, 17:45:29 PM »
Spot on Jacqui.  :)

Offline suecheshireuk

• Newly Registered
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2013, 17:46:06 PM »
Renting is fine for us as we are a bit gypsy like, we love exploring, not only Turkey, but other countries. I did find when I was working, my job interfered with my travelling lol.  Sue xx

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2013, 17:55:04 PM »
I entirely agree with what Scunner's said. We avoided the "Efes For Breakfast Brigade" like the plague. They had nothing better to do than run down the Turks, the Turkish government, Brits, the British government, or each other whilst getting slowly pi55ed everyday.

It was one of the main reasons that we chose to live in Kaya.
Spot on KKOB I have actually seen ex pats sitting in a bar moaning because they could,nt get the the sun newspaper that morning, I quess they miss page 3 for a pair of t!!s or the back page for English football. :( :(

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2013, 18:14:23 PM »
Oh there are plenty of tits in the bars in the area.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf